32 - Sleep In My Bed

AN - so here we go!! I feel like this is a chapter that a lot of you have been waiting for if you read BFY, and I only went a rushed it!! I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I haven't ruined it for you guys!!! I just completely forgot that I had to update because it was a bank holiday (i think) so i had the day off so I forgot that it was monday!!!!!!! At least i updated, right???!!!!

GUYS WE'RE DOING A COUNTDOWN OKAY (lol at the fact that I'll probably forget next week and this will be the only week I do a countdown) BUT GUYS WE ONLY HAVE 6 CHAPTERS LEFT!!!!!! (not including epilogue) WHAT IS GOING ON????

okay that's all for the AN because its bloody late and i need to sleep, night babessss

love you all, my sweetums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That day, there was an odd sense of melancholy hanging like a dark cloud over Louis.

It was probably because, for the first time, Harry and Daisy had come close to finding out how he truly felt. It was, and it’s stupid really, it was difficult for Louis to realise. It was difficult for him to realise that maybe his walls weren’t built as high as he had thought they were, or that maybe the bricks were slightly transparent because Harry had said that they were worried about him. It should probably have been comforting, the fact that they were worried for him, but really it just left him with a pressing feeling of unrest because he didn’t want to burden them with his own stupid problems.

Louis’ classes were fairly tame that day. He had Drama first – double period – and mercifully neither Niall or Liam mentioned anything, and then he break (where he avoided Harry and Daisy by camping out in the Drama storage room, sorting out old props) and then he had Maths followed by Biology, then lunch (which he also spent in the Drama block) and then finally he had a study period. He didn’t have any classes with Daisy and Harry, and he thought that maybe he’s be able to slip home without seeing either of them  - but alas, fate didn’t seem to agree.

“Louis!” Harry called out as Louis was heading towards the front gate of the school, ready to escape.

Louis sighed, but stopped walking anyway, waiting for Harry to catch up as the flailing boy tried to sort out his bag and his hair at the same time as running. It was fairly amusing.

“You look like a twat, just so you know.” Louis said, laughing despite himself when Harry finally reached him.

Harry snorted and adjusted his bag, “Do you think that I don’t realise that?” he started walking out of the school again, Louis walking alongside, “Where were you today, by the way?” Harry asked.

“Drama block.” Louis said simply.

Harry hummed, taking that as enough of an answer even though he knew that it wasn’t that simple, “You missed a funny lunch, Daisy sat with us and she showed us her impression of Terry Wogan – I think I actually weed myself.”

Louis snorted, very accustomed to Daisy’s uncanny impressions, “Did she crack out her David Attenborough impression?”

Harry looked delighted, “No! Oh my god, she has to do that tomorrow.”

“She won’t need much encouragement, sometimes she slips into that voice by accident – it’s quite unnerving when she does it in the middle of sex.”

Louis had said that as a joke, but Harry didn’t laugh as expected, “Oh, so you’ve slept with her?” His voice was quiet, and Louis felt on edge.

“Um,” Louis stalled, unsure whether it would be best to lie or to be honest, “No, it was just, um, it was just a joke.” He chose honesty.

Harry looked relieve, and Louis didn’t know what that was supposed to mean.