16 - When You Were Young

AN - Well de diddly doo guys here we are!! I am updating today because I am away tomorrow for a holiday with my friend Bethany for New Year, and I still wanted to post something for you guys!!!! 

It feels like a super long update, but it might just be me hoping, haha. I hope that it's good though! The next chapter is where things get a little more complicated, so stay tuned!!

I hope you guys all had an amazing Christmas!!! My best present was definately a signed photo of my sweet love Nick Grimshaw (he is fucking lovely and so nice to everyone, the thing with Louis was just a misunderstanding and an overreaction on Louis' part - juuuuuuuuuuuuuust sayingggggggggggggg) from Bethany, and I am in love with it...... What was your best present?!?!?

Love you all, my sweetums! Stay safe in the New Year!

CONTENT WARNING: Adult themes mentioned and mild language

Harry’s family was quite well off. Harry thinks it’s an heirloom or something, because his Mum just works as a receptionist at the gym a few roads over, but he had never really asked where the money came from – so he didn’t exactly know.

Despite this slight air of mystery, what Harry did know was that it allowed him to have a nice house with a nice bedroom with space for a double bed, a desk and chair, a sofa piled high with black cushions that matched his duvet and throw, a built in wardrobe and a large picture window and window seat.

“I’m going to a party this Saturday,” Harry said, passing the phone from his right hand to trap between his face and his left shoulder so that he could fold up a t-shirt and place it into his overnight bag that was resting amongst his creased duvet, “It’s a house party on the other side of town.”

“That’s nice, good for you.” Louis teased, and Harry could hear the tapping of Louis typing on his laptop keyboard – Louis obviously had him on loudspeaker.

Harry was tempted to shout something obscene to embarrass Louis in case his sisters could hear, but instead he just laughed and took hold of his phone properly, sitting down on his bed and kicking his bag to the floor, “I was going to say that you could come with me, but I won’t bother now!”

Louis laughed too, “Good, because I wouldn’t say yes anyway.”

Harry frowned, “Why not? Do you have hot plans with this girlfriend that you refuse to talk about?”

Harry was so curious about this girlfriend, because whenever she was brought up Louis would go quiet and change the subject. Harry suspected that Louis was nervous that he would try to steal her from him; but of course Harry wouldn’t try that.

“No,” Louis shot back, Harry felt bad, “I just don’t want to go to a party on the other side of town, when it’s those rich guys that take the piss out of me the most.”

Harry felt even worse, “Maybe if you go then they’ll realise that you’re actually a really nice guy, and stop being mean?” He suggested, hoping that Louis would join him.

Louis didn’t reply for a moment then, and Harry was worried that he had said something wrong, but then before Harry had time to nervously mumble a ‘Louis?’, Louis’ quite voice spoke out with a “Doubt it, babes.”

Harry sighed and his stomach turned with the want to pull Louis into his arms and cuddle him, “Trial it with me?” Harry tried, “It’s just that I’m going away Friday night because I’m going to a gig in Glasgow, so I’ll miss you.”

There was silence on the other end of the line, so Harry swallowed and murmured, “I won’t see you at all on Friday so I was thinking when I come back on Saturday, you could come to mine and then we could go to the party in the evening and you could kip at mine after?” There was another silence, “If you want? I mean, I want you too, but it’s up to you… It’s an idea…”