22 - "Louis, I'm naked."

AN - GUYS IM BACK ARE YOU ALL OKAY???? It feels like it has been absolutely forever... Now, just a heads up, this is only a filler chapter, but I hope it's okay!

On a completely different note okay, there is this guy on tumblr who I'm in a mutual with, and we reblog each other and he is into The 1975 and Nick Grimshaw (two of my most favourite things in the whole world) but I'm too scared to talk to him... GIVE ME ADVICE GUYS, HE LIVES IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS ME THIS IS A TUMBLR MIRACLE.

Hey ho, as always you know what kinda jazz I like (votey votey, commenty commenty and followy followy if you want) and I love you all so much, thank you so much to those of you who read this, and who have stuck with me throught my hiatus!!!

love you all, my sweetums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s at times like this that Louis wished he lived in America. If he lived in America, he would be old enough to have a drivers licence, and he wouldn’t have found himself running down the street – and across town – to see whether he had completely ruined things with Harry.

Plus there would be the benefit of much nicer weather and much sweeter Skittles, but that was neither here nor there.

However, as it stood, he lived in England and he was cursing his decision to shove on a pair of Vans, forgoing proper trainers.

When Louis reached the big road that Harry’s led off of, he was at least 85% certain that he was going to have a brain haemorrhage. Despite the poor weather in England, the sun was beginning to outweigh the clouds, and running across town in a thick novelty Christmas jumper (which was now way out of season) because he didn’t bother changing before he left, had resulted in a racing heart, restricting lungs and a sweaty fringe.

In spite of this, Louis slowed down to a walk but continued the (now short) distance towards Harry’s house.

~-~

“Harry, honey, please come downstairs!” Anne called from the bottom of the stairs.

She knew he was awake, because she had heard him stumble to the bathroom an hour ago, and then the muffled sounds of The Killers creep out from under his bedroom door once he returned. Usually she would just let him do his own thing in the morning, but they had family plans for a celebratory ‘new weekend-job’ lunch for Gemma, and Harry only had two hours before they needed to go and Harry showed no signs of getting ready.

“Harry, please, don’t be immature.” Anne pleaded, beginning to walk up the stairs herself, “This lunch isn’t about you, we have to think of Gemma!” She added, now at Harry’s door which she knocked tiredly at.

There wasn’t a reply from inside Harry’s bedroom, so Anne just knocked extra loudly before pushing the door open, only to see Harry laying star-fished on his bedroom floor in his boxer-shorts, his iPod plugged into the docking station and his phone clutched in one hand.

“What are you doing?” Anne asked, now slightly amused.

“I dunno.” Harry replied, blinking up at his bedroom ceiling, “Still waiting for a phone call from a so-called best friend? I guess? I dunno, he’s got a girlfriend now…”

“Niall’s finally got a girlfriend!?” Anne exclaimed excitedly - Harry understood her excitement, Niall has been waiting a long time, and it’s beginning to show.

“No,” Harry replied, Anne sighed, “No Louis does.”

“He hasn’t come over recently, is this why?” Anne asked softly.

Harry shrugged, and immediately regretted it when his carpet dragged across his shoulder blades.

Anne was about to cross the room and pull her son into a hug, but the doorbell went, “I’ll be right back, okay honey?”