35 - Everything that matters, it's always Harry

AN - Now I know that I promised some of you that I would update last Thursday, but I completely misjudged how tired I would be after doing three major exams, so it just didn't happen, I'm sorry!!!! Then it didn't happen over the weekend because I was decorating my bedroom. Then it didn't happen yesterday because I had two more exams. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT here we are today!!!!!!

God,  I realise that I am such an update flop right now, and I am so sorry. I never used to be like this!!! I think it's just a culmination of exams and personal stuff that's just made me soooo tired an uninspired, but here we are today!!! IM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!!

Anyway, I hope you like this!!

guys.............. guess what......................... it's the epilogue next.............................................................................................

love you all, my sweetums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“It’s not you, it’s me.”

“We’ve just drifted apart.”

“Things just don’t seem right between us anymore.”

“I love you so much, that I have to let you go.”

“I’m only breaking up with you, because you deserve someone better.”

“Maybe we can try again when we’ve both grown up a bit.”

There were so many options of things to say, that were running through Louis’ mind as he and Harry walked towards Daisy’s house. Harry had tried to slip his hand into Louis’, but Louis had pulled his hand away and muttered something about ‘later’ that Harry didn’t quite catch because Louis’ thoughts were racing 1000 miles per hour, and blanketing his voice in panic. He hoped that Harry didn’t take it personally.

Everything that matters, it’s always Harry.

Every blow of the breeze whispered to Louis that he had fucked up, and there was no saving it anymore. Every rustle of the leaves told Louis that the bubble he found himself in, with Harry, is fighting to pop. Every streetlamp shines light on the fact that everything that Louis had been telling Daisy, now equals naught – and he has to tell her that.

“I’m sorry.” Are the words that Louis decided to use, when Harry waited around the corner, out of sight, and Daisy opened her front door with a smile painted brightly on her face.

The smile faltered, the brightness now more like dimness, “Um, what about?” She asked, her voice shaky and audibly higher than usual – she was scared.

“I, um, do you want to sit?” Louis fiddled with the cuff of his jumper and tried to hide his own nerves, “Out here?”

Daisy swallowed thickly, but nodded, and led Louis to the small bench at the side of her porch.

Her house was pretty, like her. There were delicate roses climbing up the red bricks, and the roof was bottle green slate that matched the front door. The house was more like an oversized cottage, and it was adorable and Louis knew it was the perfect house for Daisy and her three little sisters – it just seemed so quaint and beautiful, and it was everything that Daisy oozed effortlessly.

It seemed almost criminal, really, that Louis was preparing himself to break her heart, just underneath a window that peeked into such a lovely world – Daisy’s world.

“So.” Daisy sighed, and she sounded like she knew. Louis didn’t know how, but she so clearly knew.

“I think, um,” Louis started, then stopped, mind blank and his heart stuttering, “I think that we both kind of, knew? That this was coming? Eventually?”