28 - R U Mine?

AN - Hello lovelies!! Here we go! Another update! Now I feel like this chapter is actually quite long! Is it??? God I hope so, I feel like I've been typing forever... I remember with past fics I used to spread the writing out over two days then I'd proof read on the third day then I'd post it, now I cram write it in around 3 hours and post without proof-reading at all, hahah don't I spoil you guys!! ;)

Um on a more serious note, I don't know if I've talked about this or not with you guys but as I'm sure you all know Peaches Geldof has passed away and I don't really know why, but her death has actually genuinely really made me sad, it might be because I have a sister her age I don't know, but I would really love it if you guys would put a ' <3P.G ' at the end of your comments as like a respect thing??? I don't know, you obviously don't have to comment at all if you don't want to, but if you do then putting the ' <3P.g ' would be lovely.

I love you all so much, my lovely sweetums xx

It had been a while since Louis had sat with Niall, Liam and Harry at lunch - instead preferring to hide away in the library or sit with Daisy somewhere quiet when things weren’t too tense between them – and if Louis was honest he didn’t think that he would be surprised if he never sat with them again.

It wasn’t that he thought Niall and Liam hated him or anything; it was just that he had the feeling that they were slightly apprehensive to be forced under a label like Harry did as a result of hanging around with him. He didn’t blame them, and if he was either of them then he admitted to himself that he would probably do the same.

That fact aside, when Louis received a text from Harry as the bell for lunch went, saying: ‘Sit with me and the lads at lunch??xx’ he was fairly surprised, yet quick to respond with: ‘okay:)’

And again, it wasn’t that he thought that Liam and Niall would be horrible to him, but as he walked down the corridor towards the canteen he felt a flicker of nerves ignite deep in his stomach. He swallowed thickly and hoped the pressure would fan out the flame as he pushed open the door, but as he stepped inside and saw Harry and Niall both notice him at the same time – and when he saw Harry’s face light up and Niall wave at him from their table – he felt the calm settle in his tummy.

~-~

The majority of lunch went so well.

Niall and Liam were okay, they were nice and they became only slightly awkward when a group of pot smokers heckled ‘Oi faggots!’ at Louis and Harry from across the canteen midway through the break. But apart from that, really, it was okay and that was all Louis had asked for.

The four of them were talking easily, Louis asked Niall whether he had finished that chord progression he had been struggling on when they last spoke and Niall’s face lit up like a lighthouse and they all talked about music for a while; Liam reminded Harry of that one time when they went to a local music festival when they were twelve and a man fell through the barrier and Harry burst into laughter and they all shared funny stories about people falling over; then Harry asked whether anyone had actually finished the English project that was due in two weeks that accounted for 25% of their final grade, and Louis wasn’t sure when he suddenly became that guy, but when the group started to talk about the project, and Liam made an off-hand joke about it making him want to find a ladder, a piece of rope and the closest high beam, he found himself blurting out, “That’s insensitive.”

Liam was evidently confused, “Huh?”

Harry rested his hand on Louis’ lower back softly, below the vision of the rest of the table, as he aimed his own mildly confused gaze upon Louis.