23 - "I nearly kissed you"

AN - wow guys. I know, I completely disappeared last week. To be fair, I have an excuse. I completely forgot on Monday (which isn't really an excuse, I know haha) then I was at a concert on Tuesday (5SOS OMG OKAY I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS) and then Wednesday and Thurday I was trying not to wet myself from nerves for the hospital appointment that I had on Friday to have lots of test to try and figure out what's wrong with me (now I'm just waiting for results). It was one of the worst days of my entire life, I had to have a 3 hour long blood test and I am sososo bruised and ouchy from it, and basically the test went wrong so I had to have 4 more needles than planned and it was all a bag of fun (note the sarcasm) and that is my excuse, which I think is pretty valid.

However now, I am back (again) and I will try not to forget next Monday!!!

I hope you guys like this, and that it was worth the wait!!! I will work out how many chapters are left and post it in the next AN if I remember!!

Love you all, my sweetums!!!

CONTENT WARNING - homophobic slurs and verbal abuse

It seemed like a lifetime ago, and Louis supposed that in a roundabout way, it kind of was.

It was nearing two months since Louis had been thrown homophobic abuse, and since he had had to clean up cuts caused by bullies and by himself. It stopped when he started dating Daisy, properly dating Daisy though, not pretending just for Harry’s sake.

He and Harry were friends again, and it felt safe and comfortable. They tended to hang out at Harry’s house rather than go out, Louis didn’t mind, he helped Harry write a couple of songs, but he mostly helped Harry empty pot after pot of ice cream as they laid together in the hammock in Harry’s back garden and they would just talk and talk and talk. Louis introduced Harry to some of the music Daisy had shown him, and Harry loved it all so Louis would offhandedly suggest going out to gigs as a three, Harry always said no – Louis didn’t mind.

When Louis was with Daisy, they would sit by the lake in the park and talk about music, school, movies, books, Daisy’s dance, sometimes Louis’ Harry. They bought a lot of ice cream cones and visited Urban Outfitters so many times that Louis was starting to feel pretentious – but they loved to look at the vinyl’s at the back of the shop and flick through the novelty books together and giggle.

All in all, spring leading into summer was a great time for Louis. He was friends with Harry again; the bullying had stopped; and Daisy had a penchant for plaiting actual daisies into her hair and wearing daisy dukes – it was all horrifically ironic, but she looked fantastic and Louis liked to kiss her peach chap-stick off of her lips.

However, despite this, the one time that Harry and Louis decide to venture into town to grab some food, Louis’ hears a group of rowdy boys fall into step behind them.

“Oh! Hey look who it is! Louis, the gay boy with his popular boyfriend!”

If the previous months had taught Louis nothing else, he had at least learnt that if he retaliated he ended up with ciggy burns or bruises, so Louis was adamantly ignoring the boys, but he could feel Harry get tense beside him as they walked.

“Ooh, are you back home to fuck? Do even know how to use your dick Louis? Or is the only thing you can use your arsehole to match your shit for brains?”

Harry froze on the spot, and Louis swore loudly in his head.

“What?” Harry said, turning round to stare at the boys behind them who were laughing amongst themselves.

“I said, is Louis too dick hungry to know how to use his own!” Scott shouted, it was unnecessary and Louis flinched.

People were beginning to stare, and to cross the street to avoid them. Louis felt so small, and he felt like he had tripped and fallen backwards in time two, three or four months and he just wished he had never kissed that stupid boy on holiday.