3

The rows of houses decreases and trees started popping up along the road as Louis continued driving. He was biting his lip, debating if he should call first before suddenly ringing the door and asking if he maybe, hopefully, if possible could stay for the night or so. Probably for the best if he did...
The blue eyed boy parked his car at the side of the road and dialed the number he saved all those years ago on the day he turned everything around.

"...Louis?" His caller was answered on the second ring and Louis let out a breath of relief, "Lou, babe, are you there?"

"Yeah, sorry 'bout calling so suddenly. I-- shit! Are you in class?" He was so stupid! How could he forget that?

"Don't worry, got a free period," He heard a light chuckle and couldn't help but smile at the sound, "Now, tell me why you called. You only call me in the middle of the day if something is going on."

"I do? Shit, sorry about that. But, you're right, I need you. Can I come to your house?" Louis scratched the back of his neck. He hoped they would say yes.

"You sure? It's a long drive Lou, what about your mum? School? ... Zayn?" He could hear the light disgust at when his best friend's name was mentioned, but he brushed it off. He understood why they didn't like Zayn. Hell, he was surprised he himself was forgiven for what he did!

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm already on the way to yours actually... Forgot to mention it and I realized I should ring before I suddenly bust through your door."

"You never change, do you?"

Louis cringed at that. He did change. He tried his damn best to change too and they would know. They were the reason he turned everything upside down and-- and the thought that maybe, just maybe, he was still the same disgusted him to the bone. He wanted to puke at the thought... That or punch something.

"Lou? Oh my god, are you okay? I'm sorry, you did change, babe. I know it's a touchy subject but I simply forgot! You're nothing like... Well, you're not like who you were. Don't think about it anymore, love."

"Y-yeah, I'll, uhm, I won't. But, please, tell me I can come over and spend the night at yours. I can't exactly turn around and go back with my tail between my legs..."

"Hmm, yeah, you like something else between those legs of yours, don't you?" A loud laugh followed and Louis' cheeks colored bright red, "I'll be waiting Lou!"

Louis wanted to say something back, something sassy but the beeping noise of the line having disconnected interrupted him and he sighed. Guess he'll have to serve them his sass in person... If he remembered to do that between all the catching up and begging for advice that is. Just as Louis was gonna restart his car, his phone vibrated and he checked to see if maybe it was them.

Zayn: where r u? I checked the toilet so don't bother lying

Louis rolled his eyes. Yeah as if he was going to answer that! He left because of their shit! Well, no. Not exactly because of Zayn, but he couldn't tell him what was going on either. Zayn had changed too, but he still got a bit too... No, Louis shook his head, Zayn changed and that was the end of it.

Zayn: Niall is freaking out. Thinks it something he did.

The boy glanced at his phone, his fingers itching to write a response, but he couldn't. Zayn would persuade him to go back and talk with him and Louis just couldn't, so he did the next best thing; he started driving again, tossing his phone to the backseat and ignoring it completely.

****

Louis was at a tiny, but cozy café and licked his lips. The pastries the place sold made his mouth water and he would eat one of each, but he restrained himself and bought a small cake instead, paying and thanking the lady behind the counter who smiled at him.
As he placed the bag with the cake in it down, he eyed his phone; the red light on it shining furiously and Louis sighed, giving in to his weakness.

Zayn: told Niall it wasn't his fault, but srsly dude, where u @?,

Zayn: starting 2 worry. U ok?

Zayn: I'm stopping @ ur house after school. Tell me then

Zayn: Lottie said u weren't home. Where tf r u? Lou, this isn't funny

(5) missed calls from Zayn

A shiver ran down Louis' spine as he saw how many times Zayn had tried to call him and his eyes widened when he saw his sister's name. Shit. He would have to call Lottie to explain later. And he was planning to do just that when something far more interesting than the dreaded conversation caught his eye. Two unknown numbers had texted and called him too. Zayn wasn't the type to hand people his nu,her without asking first, so he got a bit suspicious.

Unknown1: Lou, are you okay? Zayn told me not to worry, but I am! I'm sorry if it's because of the Larry thing! I'll give you my food to make it up to you? I'm sorry!

Unknown1: oh, right, you don't have my number yet. Well, it's me, Niall! I may have kinda looked at your phone and stole your number at the party?

Louis smiled at his phone and shook his head. He couldn't be mad at the Irishman, he was just too bubbly and smiley and... No, it was impossible to be mad at Niall.

Niall: Call me if you need someone to talk to or if you need anything. I'm worried.

Unknown2: Hi, I hope we didn't make you too uncomfortable. Are you still in school? I would like to apologize if you left because of us. x

Unknown2: Don't be mad at Zayn because of me texting you, Louis. I got your number through some friends. Sorry that I didn't ask you directly, but I wanted to contact you. x

Louis' eyes narrowed. Niall would've mentioned it if he gave Louis' number to someone else, right? And Zayn didn't do it either.. Also, the unknown person didn't reveal his name, but he did put an 'x' in every text. Who even did that? And to Louis nonetheless!
The boy shook his head, trying not to think anything of it, went to his sister's contact and tapped the green horn. Waiting for his call to be answered, but when Lottie did, she didn't say anything. Louis coughed and opened his mouth.

"Lottie, I--"

"Louis William Tomlinson, where in the world are you?" His mum's voice boomed through his speakers and Louis winced. The call just got a whole lot worse.

----

Double update! (I wrote it now.. Both of them.. Ahh, exams are always so great... I need help)

Thank you for reading!💜

And charlottedegreef , no I will NOT put my baby hedgehog in a coma! How dare you? My poor baby! (Yes I'm betraying you 💋, I still love you though) and even though he's sleeping beauty and Harry can smooch him... No, just no. 😂😂😘