33.

Louis came home with a big smile on his face. He felt as if everything was fine and even if the world decided to dump all the misery it could find on him, he'd get through it. Waiting for Zayn went a bit different then it was the previous time. Louis didn't run away from Harry instead they talked a lot and Zayn had to tell Louis multiple times that they had to go home. It was a much better scenario than earlier that year, but if you had told Louis that before, he would have laughed and rolled his eyes, not believing a single word of it.

"Mum, I'm home!" He shouted, dropping his bag near the stairs and skipping towards the living room, "Are the others here too?"

"No, we got the whole evening to ourselves, boo." Jay smiled up at her son and paused the series she was watching on the television, "How did school go? Did you get Zayn in trouble again? Or did you go out with the guys?"

"Oh, right, well, uh," Louis looked around, not meeting Johannah eyes at all, "He got into a fight?"

"What?!" Jay immediately sat more up and her expression changed into a very concerned one, "What happened? Is he hurt? Are you hurt? Why did he fight? I everything alright? Call him and tell him he should stay over for a few days, I don't want him to be home alone if he's hurt."

"Everything is fine, mum. The other guy was no match for Z." Louis let out a nervous chuckle, "It was Nick. He changed schools and he started talking shit to us. Zayn punched him first... I'm pretty sure I would've done the same, but he was faster."

"Nick?" Jay raised an eyebrow, "You mean that Grimshaw boy?"

"Yeah, him."

"Louis, I don't want you to be around him. We moved once, and I can't afford to move again. I know that he'll try to rile you guys up, but ignore him, yeah? Guys like him will end up alone anyway, he doesn't need your help with embarrassing himself making everyone hate him, he's doing it just fine on his own." Jay sighed, "Now, tell me something positive. When is Harry coming over again?"

Louis' face lit up at that and he started fanboying over his boyfriend all over again. It was completely normal for Louis to sit down next to his mum and start talking about how unreal Harry Styles was. He'd tell her about his eyes and how they still looked so mesmerizing and warm and that it didn't change, even after seeing Harry so much. Louis would talk about Harry's stupidly endearing jokes and his ability to charm everyone's pants off. He would basically act like the fanboy he was and Jay would let him, joining in sometimes after she had met Harry.

Two hours later, Louis was finally done with telling her about his boyfriend and their chat while he had been waiting for Zayn and Jay couldn't stop smiling. She was so proud of her oldest son and she couldn't get enough from seeing him so happy and enthusiastic (even though she wouldn't mind if he was like that about his schoolwork instead of his boyfriend). Louis stomach make a noise and Jay laughed.

"Guess it's time to eat dinner. Shal we order pizza?"

"Yes! I love you!" Louis hugged Johannah, "Can I have one with double cheese, ham, pepperoni and jalapeños?"

"That's a very specific order," Jay chuckled, "You can call them, I don't want to mess up and have a pouting Boo Bear on my hands."

The pizzaboy arrived half an hour after Louis called, right on time for their little Hunger games marathon.

****

Louis woke up in his bed, but no memory of how he got there. The last thing he remembered was that he was cursing at president Snow while trying not to spill his warm Choco on the blanket he was wrapped in. Quite the challenge when your name was Louis Tomlinson.

"Morning Boo." Jay said when Louis finally got downstairs, "Did you have a good rest?"

Louis nodded, "Can't remember how I got in my room though," He said while stealing a bit of the bacon and dodging the spatula that Johannah tried to use to slap his hand away.

"You're surprisingly tame when you're half-asleep. I told you to get up and go to your room and it worked. I only had to tuck you in."

"Thought I had teleportation powers like when I was a kid."

"No, you're too heavy for that now, love." Jay laughed and Louis looked at her, gasping in fake-offence, "Make yourself useful and set the table, will you?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

It was weird to eat breakfast with only the two of them, but Louis wasn't complaining. His mum never complained that he talked too much or that he was being too loud when he got excited and she always supported him if he really wanted something, even if he told her he wanted to do something that was probably considered stupid. It was one of the reasons that Louis wasn't scared when he came out as gay. He knew that Jay would accept him no matter what and that her love for him wouldn't change.

"Mum, Can Harry come over?" Louis asked while he placed the plates in the dishwasher.

"Why not." She shrugged, "Make sure you're quiet and use protection if you want me to go outside a bit for more privacy."

"Mom! I swear, every time I go out with a guy I'm interested in either you or Lottie make a comment like that!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Jay smiled, "We're only looking out for you, boo."

"Please don't."

Of course, Harry agreed to come over and he even brought self-made cupcakes. Louis loved Harry's dorky side, but how did someone think 'Oh, I'm going over to my boyfriend's house, I'm gonna bake something and bring it over!'? How in the world was Harry Styles a real person? Louis would've died because of him being adorable if staying alive wouldn't have more perks... like being able to see Harry every day, hug him and kiss him. Louis must've done something good in his previous live to deserve all that (though little did he know that Harry thought the exact same about him).

Jay teased the two boys a bit, but she allowed them to escape to Louis' room after making them blush for the tenth time in a bit over an hour. Harry and Louis agreed to come up with something to tease Johannah back with when they went downstairs, but that could wait till then.

"So, do you want to play some Fifa?" Louis asked.

"Why do I get the feeling like you didn't even plan anything before asking me over?" Harry chuckled, "Sure, let's play Fifa, but I warn you, I suck at it."

"I'll teach you." Louis grinned, "Might even let you win, but that will cost you something."

"I already brought you cupcakes, Lou, is that not enough?"

"Nope," The smaller one replied, popping the 'p', "I demand a kiss from you."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Yep."

Harry practically tackled Louis before he kissed him and Louis gasped, he didn't expect Harry to react like that at all. And, well, let's say they did play a game, but it certainly wasn't Fifa.

----

Hi guys!

Just like I promised, a new chapter. This is my little tribute to Jay because she was an amazing woman who deserved to live a much longer life surrounded by the people she cared about. All my love goes out to her family and friends.

anyway I hope you liked the chapter x