40

A moment later, Niall, Zayn, Liam and Eleanor were squeezed together on the backseat of Louis' car. The brunet had insisted on calling the girl and bringing her along if they were going to have a drive down memory lane. Although the three guys who were sitting beside her were complaining at first, they didn't mind as much when Eleanor brought a backpack full of snacks. Harry -who was sitting in the passenger's seat- was busy adjusting the GPS while Louis just looked at him with heart eyes.

"So, we're going to drive all the way back to Doncaster to roam around in the hopes to find some kind of clue, which we don't even know what it could be? And I'm joining this desperate quest because...?"

"Because you'd love to see Nick's face if we do find something, Eleanor." Zayn sighed. He never liked the girl and he didn't understood why Louis and her were friends.

"True. Let's hope we won't just be wasting our time then, right Zaynie?" The girl replied with a sickening sweet smile. Only Louis was allowed to call Zayn 'Zaynie' without the latter becoming a pile of grumpy mumbles.

Liam looked up from his phone and rolled his eyes at the two before he wrapped an arm around Zayn and pulled him closer to him, "Ignore her, babe. It's only for a bit."

Eleanor's eyes widened at the exchange (especially when Zayn blushed, kissed Liam's cheek and snuggled closer to his boyfriend). She looked to the front of the car where Louis and Harry were playfully flirting with each other.

"I'm surrounded by gayness."

Niall let out a loud laugh at that. After Liam and Zayn got together, he often felt like the fifth wheel, but he couldn't be anything but happy for his friends either.

"Alright. Let's go." Louis announced when he turned the key and started the engine of the car, "Road trip to Doncaster!"

And maybe Harry and Louis held hands and stole glances at each other when they thought the others weren't looking, but that's an accessory matter

****

When they arrived in Doncaster, they road to Louis and Zayn's old school. The parking lot was empty and the lights inside the school were off. It gave off an eerie feeling to the two boys who were familiar with the scene, but that didn't stop them from going inside. If they could open the archives, they might be able to find the student file of Nick.

The door was locked although not for long when Zayn kneeled down before it and picked the lock. Liam was equally impressed and irritated when Zayn smirked and fist bumped Louis over his new record time.

After looking for the file for half an hour, Niall let out a cheer.

"I found it! Grimshaw Nick!"

"Read it!" Eleanor yelled, clapping her hands like an exited toddler.

"Alright, give me a minute. He got into a few fights, his grades were slipping and he was suspended for a week because a scandal with a teacher. Something about extortion? There's nothing about that guy Mark though."

"Max," Harry corrected, "Can we take pictures of it and leave? I don't want to get caught and end up having to try to explain what we're doing."

"Relax, Hazza. Zayn already left to look for the control room and see if there are any cameras. He'll delete the footage and then we're out of here."

The six of them rushed out of the school as soon as Zayn returned and Niall made pictures of Nick's reports. It wasn't long until they found quite a lot of names that were listed under the teacher. But none of them was max'.

Eleanor allowed the boys to crash at her place when the sun went down.

"We won't find anything." Louis sighed, leaning back into Harry who sat behind him, "The only thing we did was paint some walls and bully some kids. I mean, I know that we were in the wrong and I'd punch myself in the face if it could fix anything, but do you guys really think Nick would be able to do something else?"

"He didn't tell you about that time he poisoned Eleanor's dog, did he?" Zayn's question made four pairs of eyes widen in horror, "He was mad that you stood up for her, so he bought some rat poison and mixed it with bits of chocolate and dog food. Not a good combination for a pup. I found out after Stan broke down, apparently, they went shopping together."

"Bloody hell, why would someone do that? 'Oh, my mate's not a complete dickhead anymore, lets poison some puppies!'" Niall mocked, clearly disgusted by the topic.

"I'm gonna kick his balls up his throat." Eleanor seethed, "Anyway, he isn't completely sane. Nothing new there. But, that doesn't mean he would push someone so far that they'd kill themselves, right?"

"He did make Ben's boyfriend run completely naked around the field once because the guy refused to give him money or make Nick's homework. Nick hid the clothes and told him he'd give them back if the guy ran around butt naked and if he handed Nick £20."

And just like that the whole night was filled with one confession after the other. The minor things like painting dicks all over the school's walls were done with Louis and sometimes Zayn, but there were other stories that would make Harry, Niall and Liam pale or boil over with rage.

----

Alright, finally got to write a chapter for you guys! I'm planning to have this 'book' completely finished by august (4 more months of writing this thing 😝 )

I hope this chapter wasn't completely cringe worthy. I'll add more Larry moments in the next chapters.