45

Liam charged forward to the receptionist, "Excuse me, we want to report something."

"Wait a minute please," A woman, somewhere in her early forties, looked up at Liam with a bored expression, "You're not here to waste my time, right? Like, you and your girlfriend got into a fight and now you're trying to take revenge? It wouldn't be the first time I got a case like this, but it's irritating that I could use those minutes to do something useful."

Zayn, who was already glaring at the lady since the word 'girlfriend' came from her lips, scoffed, "Don't worry about him taking revenge on a girlfriend, ma'am. We came here to report a guy who's been blackmailing a lot of people."

"And attempt rape," Eleanor added.

"And probably a lot more," Liam's face contorted when he thought of it.

The woman, however, smiled, "Wonderful! I mean, not for the victims, but it's been boring lately. Can you write the name of the person you're reporting? And if you know his address and so on, that'd be helpful."

Eleanor and Zayn started writing stuff down on the paper, trying to put all the information together by working together. Liam took a step back and watched them. He might be the one who took the leading roll when it came to executing the plan, but aside from talking to Nick when they were in school, he knew nothing of the lad. He did send a text message to Harry though, to tell them that it was going alright at the moment.

****

"Liam texted me. They're filling in a report," Harry announced, and Niall and Louis whooped.

They might have been playing a card game while they waited for a text. And maybe Louis and Harry were being too close for Niall's comfort again throughout it, but, hey, not like the blond was complaining.

"Full house." Louis smirked, "I win."

"You cheated. Harry, tell your boyfriend to stop taking all my snacks!"

Harry chuckled, "You shouldn't go all in if you only have 'highest card', Niall. I folded the first round because I knew I couldn't go against my Lou."

"You can see his cards, of course you'd know when to fold."

Louis rolled his eyes at Niall, "C'mon, pay up. I'm getting hungry from all our betting."

Niall grumbled, "Cheater."

****

"Nick Grimshaw?" The lady eyed the piece of paper Eleanor handed her, "I remember that kid. Always out and looking for trouble. I was relieved when I heard he moved away, but I guess I celebrated too soon. You do know that I can't tell you if we can put him in jail, right? He was underage when all this happened, I think, so the judge will have to take that in account."

"But, can you arrest him for this?"

The woman looked up at Liam and shrugged, "Dunno, kid. I'm only a secretary here. They might be able to take him in for questioning, but I don't think they can hold him while he awaits his judgement."

"Doesn't matter," Eleanor piped in, "I want him gone too, but I waited so long already. I can wait a few months more."

"That's the spirit, kid." The woman smiled, "Do you want coffee before you leave? My colleague made some a minute ago."

"No, thank you," Zayn grimaced, "Our friends are waiting for us. We ordered pizza before we left, and I don't fancy cold food."

"Alright, have a nice meal. I hope we can get back at you with good news."

----

a/n: GUYS, I GOT TICKETS TO THE HARRY STYLES CONCERT!!! It's my first concert ever! ... though I'm going alone because none of my friends like him and they don't want to spend money to go with me... oh well. (Thanks to me shaking and jumping around, I wanted to write a chapter~ yay!!)