29

Louis didn't even notice when the other group entered the cafeteria. He was too engrossed in the way Harry described his previous vacation with his parents and sister. The blue eyed boy hadn't even noticed that his old friends sat down the table behind them. That is, of course, until Louis got poked by one of them.

"Hey, Tomlinson, long time no see." Nick grinned and Louis felt the urge to puke. Why did he ever consider the boy that was talking to him to be his friend?

"Grimshaw." Louis nodded and turned back around, ready to hear the rest of Harry's story.

"Now, you got to tell me, how come you're hanging out with a bunch of losers? Did Zayn finally leave you? Is the baby all alone now?" Nick snickered, "If you're that desperate, you should've called me. I wouldn't mind spending some time with you. If you keep this mouth of yours shut of course."

Louis opened his mouth to reply, but Harry didn't let him, "Lou, don't react to his pathetic whining. He's probably just pissed because you were one of the very few people that could stand being around him."

"True." Niall nodded, "The poor guy probably paid his 'friends' to come with him."

Nick's face turned red. Not in shame or embarrassment, but because he was fuming. How dare those nerds talk back to him? He wasn't strong enough before, but he wouldn't let Louis walk away this time.

"Hey, let's go downstairs. We have to listen to the instructions and get our carts," Liam said, a forced smile on his lips.

Louis hummed in acknowledgement and stood up -dragging Harry with him as he went. Niall followed behind the others, but not before he glared at Nick and stuck out his tongue. There was no chance in hell that those bastards would hurt one of his best friends and Niall couldn't help but feel a bit triumphant.

"Come on Niall, we're gonna miss it! I'm not helping you when you're stuck because you didn't listen to the instructor!" Liam yelled and Niall ran towards the brown eyed boy.

"Yes mum, I'm already here."

"Just don't do anything unnecessary. We're here to have fun, not to start some petty fight."

Niall rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. You're really like a mother, aren't you?"

"Well, at least I don't complain when you don't eat your vegetables."

"You do though. And Zayn is like a dad. I mean, you guys are always together, so if you're my mum, he has to be my dad, right? Happy little family." Niall grinned and his laugh echoed through the room when he saw Liam's reaction.

Liam's cheeks turned pink and he averted his eyes, "Let's just go."

****

Two hours had passed and Louis crawled out of his car, completely drained and sweaty. His hair was damp when he pulled the helmet off his head and he ran a hand through it, not liking the texture of it after being stuck wearing a helmet for so long. A smile crept tugged at his lips though when another cart arrived and Niall climbed out.

"I thought you said you hadn't done this before!" Niall yelled, lifting the dark shading, but not bothering to take off the whole thing.

"I haven't." Louis chuckled, "Went to watch a few races when I was younger, but that's it. Maybe I'm just a natural."

"Yeah right. I'll beat you next time, Tommo. Don't think you've won." Niall laughed and joined Louis on the sideline while they waited for Liam and Harry. Liam arrived a minute later, but Harry had some more troubles in reaching the finish line. The curly haired lad swore that he was never going to go carting again while the others laughed at his horrible driving style.

The cafeteria was still open and the boy's decided to eat something before they went back home. Louis felt anxious when he walked through the door opening, but a sigh of relief escaped his lips when he didn't see anyone familiar sitting at one of the tables. It wasn't as if he hated Nick. It was more like Louis didn't want to be reminded of his stupid mistakes and Nick was one of the things that threw him back in time.

[Flashback]

Louis was buzzing to go to school. Zayn was coming to pick him up; they decided to walk to school together the day before and Louis couldn't have been happier about it. They were finally going to the 'big' school and Louis was so sure he'd make it an absolutely awesome experience.

"BooBear, Zayn is here!" Jay yelled and Louis jumped from his seat, running towards the door and kiss his mum goodbye before he skipped past her and towards his best friend.

"Ready to go?" Zayn smiled and Louis nodded. He was more than ready, nothing could stop him from living his dream... well, not really his dream, more like a fantasy he came up with two days prior.

"I'm gonna join the football team and I'll be the captain after the coach sees my awesome techniques." Louis grinned, "And you'll be one of those club presidents too! Maybe the art club? Oh, I know! I'll help you spray some awesome drawing on the walls of the school and when people see it, they'll love it and they'll love you."

"Lou, we can't do that." Zayn shook his head, a fond smile on his lips, "It's called vandalism if we paint the walls without being allowed to."

"Whatever." The brunette shrugged, "As long as we're doing it together."

The boys kept talking until they reached the school gates. Both were equally exited, ready for 'this new adventure' like they always said. Being in the same class was a bonus, but Louis wanted more. He wanted to be in one of the popular groups. He wanted to be like the main character in every movie he had watched. Boys and girls would surround him and love him and the blue eyed boy would be idolized by teachers because had the best points and he stood up against bullying. Louis couldn't wait for the day to start.

"Lou, I have to pick up my stuff first," Zayn said and Louis raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't you do that during the vacation? I've had mine for a few weeks now."

"No, I was still on vacation, visiting my family." Louis nodded and Zayn took off, leaving his best friend to enter the classroom by himself.

Louis sat down in one of the empty seats and he dropped his backpack in the seat next to him, saving it for Zayn. The brunette was playing some game on his phone when an unfamiliar guy approached him and sat on his desk.

"What do you think you're doing?" Louis asked, without making any effort to look up.

"I'm Nick," The boy said, completely ignoring Louis' question, "I saw you from the other side of the classroom and I wanted to ask if you'd hang out with us."

"Us?" Louis asked, finally looking at the boy sitting before him.

"Yeah, Aiden and Stan, my other friends, would love to get to know you too." Nick smiled, "You can bring someone along too if you want."

"Okay." Louis nodded, happy that someone already wanted to befriend him and Zayn.

"Great! I'll see you during lunch then." Nick gave Louis a quick hug before he jumped off the desk and ran back to his friends. Louis couldn't believe how sweet and friendly the boy was after the short talk. And maybe, Louis had to go with his gut feeling that was telling him to stay away from the innocent and kind looking boy.

[end flashback]

-----

Hi, this is kind of a filler chapter, sorry about that 😅
Thanks for reading! I love you guys x

Q; do you guys have some ideas for the story?
(I know how I want it to go, but somehow I can't come up with anything to link it all together)

Please do vote/comment