38

a/n: time for a bit of angry and protective Harry! Ayyeee

Harry checked his surroundings for the umpteenth time. If the boys knew what he was planning, Niall would probably join him but be too enthusiastic, Liam would shake his head and sigh, Zayn would be okay if Louis was and- ... Louis... Harry had no idea what Louis would do. He had no idea how his soft and lovely boyfriend would react if he knew Harry agreed to meet up with Nick Grimshaw.

The park they had decided to meet in was empty and it gave off a very eerie feeling. The swings moved due to a gush of air and the squeaking noise they made only added to the atmosphere. Even the sandbank looked abandoned with the little toys and plastic shovels.

Pebbles creaked behind him and Harry turned around, facing the silhouette of the newest addition of their school. Nick wore a pair of jeans that hang a bit lower than Harry was comfortable with and the muscle tight shirt was an insult to how Louis looked when he wore one of those. The green-eyed lad even gained a small dislike of snapbacks because the other had one.

"Harry, you came!" Nick sounded surprised and the other couldn't blame him. Harry didn't want to come at all, but after the whole story at the bar, he needed to have a chat with Nick.

"Why am I here again? You texted me, which brings up the question of, how the fuck do you have my number?"

"One of the cheerleaders gave it to me. A ginger, a bit short, huge bum but no match for that slut, I mean boyfriend, of yours." Nick shrugged, "Did he tell you anything? He owns me a few favours and promised not to lie to you guys and paint me as the bad guy, but I'm sure he tried to sell you his bullshit anyway."

Harry smiled, his hands balled into fist, but hidden behind his back, "I have no idea what you mean."

"It doesn't even surprise you that he lies, does it? He's a manipulative little bitch that should learn his place. You know I would be much better and-"

"Shut up."

Nick immediately closed his mouth only to open it again, but this time there was no sound. His eyes were wide and he looked shocked at Harry's sudden harsh tone, "Harry, are you okay, mate?"

"Can't even understand normal English, can you?" The taller lad spat, a small smile on his lips. He'd wanted to calmly talk to Nick and maybe ask him what happened when he was alone with Max (Liam and he agreed that it probably wasn't Louis who leaded the boy to a dead end), but his patience was already gone and they had only started.

"Did he tell me anything? Yes, of course he told me how despicable you are. He's my boyfriend, I'd be more offended if he hid the fact that he had a repulsive friend like you than with the other stories he told. He bullied, so what, it's not like he continues to threaten people because he's so petty himself because that's what you do. You twist his words and make it seem like he was the one that put nails in the wheelchair of some classmate. Did you really think everyone would believe you?" Harry laughed and shook his head, "If you dare to touch my Louis again, if you dare to even breath around him, I promise to treat you to the ride of your life... in an ambulance. Don't talk to him, don't even think about him or I'll be the one who's facing you. Louis might feel sorry because he thinks it's his fault things escalated, but I know that there's more behind it and we're not stopping until we can give karma a bit of help when it comes down to you."

It was silent except from the sound of the swings who were still being pushed by the wind. The two boys looked at each other without talking. Nick being taking aback by Harry's words. He had never thought the latter was anything more than a big, clumsy and cuddly puppy that followed the others around. It had been the reason Nick had picked Harry too (well that and the convenient fact that Louis' boyfriend wasn't an ogre and Nick had thought that he maybe could get some action out of it afterwards).