4

"M-mum?" Louis stuttered and closed his eyes. Shit.

"Louis William Tomlinson, where in the world are you? Zayn called Charlotte in panic because he doesn't know where you are. And may I remind you that you're supposed to be in school at this very moment, young man?" Jay's tone was strict, but hints of worry seeped through.

"Mum, I'm sorry-- I-- I needed to go out for a bit?" It sounded like a question and Louis wanted to bury his face in his hands in pure embarrassment.

"Is that so?" Jay huffed, but her voice softened, "Zayn told me what happened. Lou, you've changed a lot, forgive yourself."

Louis didn't answer, his words stuck in his throat and his mother sighed. Jay knew he was still struggling a bit and that that was the reason he evaded any kind of attention (well, at least during school. Louis loved it when he was showered in attention -and affection-, so he found other ways he could achieve that).

"Alright. When will you be back? I already think I know where you're heading, so I'll let it slip. Shall I tell Zayn not to worry and that you're going to Stan's?" (A/N: Louis is NOT going to Stan, Jay is lying to Zayn for Lou (because of drama that will be clarified later in the story)

"I'm staying the night, but don't tell Zayn that. He has Stan's number, so he'd call and find out that we lied to him... Well, that you lied to him."

"Hmm... Okay, Boobear. Be careful, I love you!"

Louis smiled at the words, "Love you too, mum. I'll text you when I'm there."

The blue-eyed boy turned his phone off and dropped his on the passenger seat -and almost crawling over his seat when he carefully placed the food beneath the chair. Being so close to his destination, Louis got hesitant. Sure, he'd talk and get the usual 'man up' talk, but there was something he feared every time he went over. Maybe being friends with someone that used to hate you with a righteous passion wasn't his best idea... Sadly enough, it wasn't his worst either. Louis was lucky they forgave him.

****

Louis exhaled loudly and glanced at the house on his left. Surely, they, would be home, but... For god's sake! If anyone would ever ask him, he'd deny. He'd wholeheartedly deny and even declare the person asking him was crazy, but the truth was; Louis Tomlinson was scared. He knew what kind of answers he'd get -he's not stupid-, but that didn't mean he wanted to hear them! Hearing them would make it real. He wouldn't be able to say he didn't know anymore and honestly? It scared the living daylight out of him.

"Louis?" A gentle knock on his window made him snap out of his thoughts, "Hi, I knew it was you! How are you, love?"

"Hi, yeah, I'm-- yeah," He looked at the elderly woman and gulped, "Is your-- uhm, I mean, can I come in? I understand if it's a problem, I do, but I really need to... talk? I suppose I could wait outside too if you don't want me to come in--"

"Louis, love, quit rambling like that and just come in. We don't bite, you know," Louis smiled weakly at the woman's comment and did as she asked, looking over his shoulder to scan the street before he closed the door behind him. Call him a jerk, but he really did not want to be alone with the two parents of someone who had every reason the hate him.

"I guess you aren't here for me?" The woman asked and Louis nodded while a blush crept up his cheeks, "Don't worry, I got the text. You can go upstairs, I'll bring you some Tea later."

It was still the weirdest thing he would ever see; the parents of someone who he has put through hell being so nice and even accepting. Louis shook his head, trying to push the thoughts out, but his mind still wandered to his dark place. The blue-eyed boy wasn't always an outsider. He was rather popular and known by everyone of his school, but he let it go to his head. Louis used his popularity and influence to get whatever he wanted and if someone disagreed, he'd turn their lives upside down.

Louis sat down on the bed in the furthest room and looked at the walls littered with pictures and a smile tugged on the corner of his lips. He had always loved the room. The boy relaxed and his smile widened when he heard a door opening and closing, followed by a familiar voice.

"Mum, is Louis already upstairs?"

The woman laughed, "Yes, he is. Can you take his tea with you? I remembered he drinks it when he's nervous, so I think he'll need it."

"Thanks mum!"

The rapid cracks of someone running up the stairs made Louis sit back up and he smiled at his friend when the door opened widely.

"Louis! I've missed you!"

Louis engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug and rested his chin on the other's shoulder, "I've missed you too, Eleanor."

------

End of the exam period, YAY! I'll probably update more, but I write it as we go, so it stays irregular... Sorry

Also, I might edit this chapter because I don't really like it (if that makes sense) (also, it's very short but I really had no idea how to write this).

Thanks for putting up with me! 💜