32

To say Harry had been surprised when he found out Zayn had fought with some new kid was an understatement. Liam had dropped everything when he heard and dashed towards the principal office where Zayn still was. The latter had gotten another warning and detention, again. Though he wasn't going there alone, Liam had started a food fight later that week so he had to join Zayn on Friday. Even Niall was stuck with them, but he swore he didn't fall asleep after getting a warning for eating during school hours on purpose.

Harry couldn't how three of his friends had been stupid enough to get detention on the same day and some strange sense of déjà vu struck him when he left the school. He hadn't seen Louis in the cafeteria or hallways anymore, but they did meet up in the library, so it did feel slightly different from the previous time a similar scenario happened, but Harry couldn't help his smile when he sneaked closer to Louis who was sitting on a brick fence.

"Hey, are you looking for someone?" Harry purred and Louis' head jerked up and his eyes looked at him, panic clear in them before the boy relaxed and chuckled, "Would you mind if I sat beside you?"

Louis giggled, clearly getting what Harry was trying to do, "Yes, it's okay to sit, well, here." He even pretended to fidget and Harry's heart busted. He couldn't even start explaining how much he loved his dork.

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you around." Harry laughed and Louis rolled his eyes.

"No, I'm not." He answered, sticking out his tongue, "Though I would've guessed that one noticed his boyfriend or at least knows when that boyfriend goes to the same school as him."

"Hey, I was just asking." Harry grinned and wrapped his arms around the small boy next to him. They fit together like two pieces of a puzzle. It was ridiculous, but it didn't ever feel uncomfortable, not even when they were arguing. It was like they both knew that the other somehow wouldn't leave even if they disagreed about favourite food (Louis got very offended when Harry told him he disliked eating pizza almost every time they met up) or favourite writers (Harry still hadn't forgiven Louis for badmouthing J.K. Rowling, how dare he anyway?) and when they did make up, it was like coming back home after a long vacation.

In the time that passed between getting to know the blue-eyed boy and the very moment they were sharing now, Harry's feelings had skyrocketed and grown into something that he was sure would rip his heart apart. He just didn't know how yet... If Louis loved him back -only a fraction of the love that Harry felt was enough-, it would probably rip in rainbows and little hearts like the ones he drew in black ink on the pages of his notebooks. But if the tiny brunet decided Harry wasn't good enough, that he could do better than some stupid teenage love and the stupid boy with his petty crush... Harry would break. And he wasn't sure he'd be able to glue the pieces back together if Louis did chose the second option.

"Lou, I got to say something."

A pair of scared blue eyes shot up at him, "Shit, those words never come with a happy message." A nervous little chuckle escaped Louis, "Did I do something?"

"No! I mean, no, it's nothing like that, babe. I wanted to tell you that I lied when I said that I hadn't seen you before. Zayn dragged you over to Niall's party because I didn't stop asking him to. Niall told me he saw you outside, said it looked like you were waiting for someone. It took me five minutes before I walked over and asked you if I could sit next to you. If it hadn't been for those three, I don't think I ever would've grown the guts to walk up to you and tell you how gorgeous you are... 'Can't believe how lucky I am to call you mine."

"Are you kidding me? Harry, you-"

"Wait, 'am not done yet." Harry snickered and kissed Louis' pout away, "What I wanted to say was that I love you, but that I get it if you think that I'm a creep for waiting so long and if you want to break up for someone who's better than me."

"Are you serious?" Louis laughed, "You're adorable, Haz, I wouldn't leave you even if there was someone better. I love you, Harry. I'm in love with you."

Harry opened his mouth again to protest, but Louis shut him up with a kiss, his hands cupping Harry's face to keep him still. Harry melted into the kiss and Louis felt the boy's hands sinking lower and resting on his lower back. It was sweet, innocent and they could both feel the love they had for each other; Like a flower that had survived a cold and lonely winter and who now started to blossom and saw that he wasn't alone and never would be.

It had been complicated, but most of it had been because they made it that way. Of course, Louis knew that he still had to tell Harry about Nick and maybe this time he'd tell the whole story, but they had time. Till they were old and wrinkled if it depended on them.