5

[flashback]

"Hey, nerd!" Louis flipped the brunette's books out of her hands and laughed when they landed in a puddle, "Did you finally decide to do my math for me? Pretty people shouldn't be forced to work. That's only for peasants like you."

"As if," Eleanor glared at the boy before her, "If you prefer parties and getting drunk over studying and actually getting a decent grade, be my guest, but I'm not going to put my free time in doing whatever you want!"

"Bla, bla, bla. The only thing I hear is that you haven't learnt your lesson yet. Remember, love, everyone here loves me. Not you. Has anyone ever come to rescue the little damsel in distress while I, the obvious villain if I have to believe you, asked you nicely to do my work? Look around and you'll see. No one cares."

"And that's it?" Eleanor raised her eyebrows, "Yes, your popular in school, but who has your back when you leave this place?" She leaned closer and whispered the next part, "Tell me, Louis, which one of your mates would help you when you really needed them?"

Louis jaw clenched and he could do nothing but watch his prey walk away. He'd get her. One way or another, he'd get her back for what she said.

[flashback ends]

"Lou, calm down!" Eleanor grabbed her ex-bully's hands and gave them a squeeze, "Tell me what happened. Slowly this time."

"Okay," Louis took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He'd do it slowly. No rushed words this time, "I-- Zayn invited me to a party and I met this kid Niall when I was looking for a drink. We kept drinking and we talked, but I don't remember much of our conversation... Anyway, when I got back to school on Monday, that bloody leprechaun was standing next to Zayn and it was fine until he sat with us at lunch! He's one of the popular kids, El! I can't handle that? You know that!"

"Babe, I know wha--"

"No, hush, I'm talking," Louis placed the palm of his hand over her mouth and continued his story, "And then Liam and his big mouth came and Harry fucking Styles was there too! And people were looking. They saw me and I know, I just know they were trying to figure out why I sat with them. It was my table! Mine! And now I attracted even more attention by leaving, didn't I?"

Eleanor took the boy's hand away and smiled, "Okay, Louis, I have a very, very important question for you."

"Yeah?" Louis leaned closer. He was sure she was going to ask a very vital question because her tone was serious and he wanted to know what it was. Did he forget something?

"You have a crush on this 'Harry Styles' guy, don't you?" Louis groaned.

"Seriously? El, I pour my heart out and that's what you get out of it? I'm done. Your mum gives better advice than you! Miss Calder! Can I ask you somethi-- hmmpfh!" this time it was Eleanor that covered Louis' mouth while she laughed like a witch.

"Be quiet, you idiot. I'll help you, but you need to tell me everything about your crush as my reward."

"Fwine," Louis mumbled into the brunette's hand and he started explaining his crush on the green eyed boy.

[flashback]

Eleanor was sitting alone in the cafeteria, like she usually did after Louis started to pick on her. Her so-called friends hurried to get away from her and one had even dared to tell her that she just had to do whatever he asked! The brunette had been so angry, she promised herself to never give in to Louis Tomlinson. No matter what.

Louis on the other hand was surrounded by people, but at the same time, he felt just as lonely as Eleanor. He glanced over at her table and bit his lip. The guilt of him making her life during school into a hell was starting to be a bit too much to ignore. The boy wished she would just give in... Who could even handle seven months of this? Wasn't she tired by now?

"Louis, don't look at her," Some blonde girl touched his arm, "She's not worth you time. Why don't you spend the night at my place? You need some time to relax and enjoy and I'm sure I--"

"I'm sorry, who are you again?" Louis looked at her with disinterest and shoved her hands away from him. He didn't want to be touched by someone like her, someone who'd only be with him because of their own gain and-- wait... Wasn't that what he was doing to the nerd-girl? He wanted her on his team so he could escape his math homework. He wanted her to use her... He was just as bad as the blonde bimbo next to him!

"--is, Louis!" Louis' head jerked up and he looked at Zayn -who had been calling his name for quite some time apparently-, "Are you okay mate? You look pale."

"No... Yes, I'm fine. I-- I'm okay."

What was he supposed to say? That the girl he ordered everyone to ignore didn't deserve it? Of course she didn't! And that's the whole bloody problem! Everyone had followed him. And not just for that. Every little thing Louis had said was by some weird definition law. The only thing he had to do was to keep quiet about him being gay (and even for that he had a loophole, coming out as bi didn't scare of girls and he had gained a few new male 'friends').

A cold shiver went down Louis' spine and he wrapped his arms around him. Realization struck him. He always thought school was an 'eat or be eaten' kind of place, but that wasn't true. He made it that way. He made the lives of some a true hell and he had never felt something remotely close to guilty. But now? Now the guilt was eating him away.

"I feel sick. I'm going home," Louis announced as he stumbled out of the cafeteria, a room full of people looked at him and only two pair of eyes had actual concern in them.

-------

It isn't as long as the normal updates (actually it's like the first chapter, around 1k .. Yup, not that much), but it's a double update, so it should be okay.

Anyway, Louis past! Yay~
I actually like writing it because I saw some fics with Lou as a wallflower, but I always got annoyed because there never was a real reason to? And now I'm trying to give him some more background instead of just some guy that hates himself and hides in the shadows~
(I hope it's working)

Thanks for reading!