49

Harry was standing outside, his mind blanked out. Even if it was fake, he was on the brink of running back and hug Louis close, just to make sure that they were still okay.

"Harry, are you alright?" Nick sneaked closer, trying, but failing, to keep the smile out of his voice.

It was pretty easy for the taller of the two to look heartbroken at the moment. Although it wasn't for the reason Nick thought it was. As for the latter, if he wanted to come over as a good friend, he was failing horribly.

"You don't need someone like him anyway. I know it might be too soon, but I think it was for the best that you left him. I heard a lot of awful rumours about him, I mean I can't say I'm surprised. He has a habit to manipulate his lovers, so they don't find out what's really going on." Nick smirked, licking his lips. Harry got the creeps from the guy, but if he could help Zayn and Louis out, he'd put up with it.

And thus, Harry continued to play his part, "I'm happy I still got you, Nick." He really had to force that sentence out of his mouth, but Nick practically glowed.

The plan was supposed to be; Harry leading Nick on, Louis and Zayn working on destroying everything the jerk had 'worked' for, and Liam and Niall would stay out of it all. Just to be safe. To say Harry was surprised when Liam and Nick walked up to him, was an understatement. Especially because the two of them looked really pissed off.

At first, Harry thought that the other two didn't know yet that the fight had been an act, but Liam's expression softened when he reached Harry and Nick.

"Are you alright Harry?" Liam smiled, "You should've listened to me when I told you that I didn't trust Louis. It could've spared you from a heartbreak."

Niall huffed, "I can't believe I shared my food with him."

With the two of them proclaiming that they chose Harry's side in the fight, Nick's face lit up, "Some great friends you have here. Too bad Zayn turned his back on you."

"Who turned his back on who?" Zayn's voice came from a bit behind Liam, "Louis and I might've been close, but I can't keep cleaning all his shit up behind him."

"Yeah, right," Niall laughed, "You didn't want to leave your boyfriend's side, did you?"

Nick's eyes widened, "Boyfriend? You're a fa- you're gay?"

Zayn nodded, and Liam proudly kissed his boy's cheek. Harry got a bit jealous because of it, he really wanted to say, 'screw it' to the plan and return to Louis.

****

Louis was standing in the hallway on his own. Truth be told, he didn't like the plan they came up with at all. He did appreciate it that everyone went along with it, even though Louis raised the plan to a whole other level. Originally, they were going to let Harry -and maybe Liam or Niall if Harry felt safer that way- go along with Nick while Louis and Zayn worked behind the scenes. They were supposed to move back to the background, to fake that Nick had won and to feign retreat. Afterwards, screenshots from Nick's conversations with Fizzy, Eleanor and a few other girls would be posted around the school.

Sure, it would've been fine if they went along with that, but when Nick walked up to Harry to apologize, Louis saw red. He despised it when the first-class asshole kissed up to his Harry.

So, yeah, Louis wanted Nick to burn even more. He wanted Nick to be emotionally scared until the point that he wouldn't be able to dare to look at them anymore. And let's say one thing; when a guy like Louis, who used to be the master in petty revenges returns after years of fantasizing about what he'll do to everyone that had dared to wrong him, gets loose... It's game over.

----

a/n: I think there are about 2 chapters left for me to write and then my first ever fan fiction is done! I'm excited to know what you'll all think of it when I update the last parts (or in the weekend or next week).

Thank you for reading this chapter!