7

Louis had breakfast with the Calders and drove back to his house around the afternoon. When he arrived, a very worried Zayn sat on his doorstep and the two boys hugged each other after Louis jumped out of his car and onto his friend.

"Next time you leave, please call me first. Jay told me you needed to clear your head, but I was worried, you know," Zayn mumbled and Louis just tightened his grip on him in response.

"That's enough PDA, lovebirds!" Lottie yelled at them from her room -she was hanging out the window, but neither Zayn nor Louis had noticed her before she started raising her voice.

"Oi! Your brother suddenly left and all you can say is that?"

"I was hoping you got laid, but you're still a pain in the ass, so I guess that didn't happen."

Louis placed his hand over his chest in fake offense and Zayn chuckled, "Lottie, your brother isn't a pain in the ass. He's on the receiving and."

Lottie laughed like a maniac at that and Louis blushed bright red and hid his face, mumbling weak curses because he should really find some friends that didn't pry in his love life like Zayn and Eleanor did. If those two ever got together, Louis was sure he'd die of embarrassment.

****

Zayn was driving them to school and Louis had his eyes shut and he prayed that some weird aliens had destroyed the school or a meteor had collided with the earth and had only hit his school. He knew it was highly impossible, but a boy can dream, okay?

"Calm down, Lou. It's Wednesday, you only have four hours and then you're free," Zayn tried to calm he blue eyed boy down, but he only got a sigh as reply.

"I should've stayed away till Saturday. I completely forgot what day it was and came back so you and my siblings didn't worry too much... Which reminds me, how come my mum knew I was gone? You said you called Lotts, but when I dialed her number, mum answered."

"I may or may not have lied?" Zayn smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head, "But, Lou, I was really, really worried about you and I didn't know where you were or if you were okay or--"

"It's okay. I get it," Louis placed a hand on Zayn's arm and smiled, "I just needed to clear my head and I talked with a few people and--- and I think I'm ready to try and let it all behind me?"

"That sounded more like a question, but I'm happy that you're finally letting go. It was never your fault to begin with," Louis sighed and rolled his eyes. Zayn always said that, but Louis knew that was only because the Bradford boy didn't want him to feel bad. The truth was that Louis did start it, but he also ended it... Which was enough to gain forgiveness of the most awesome girl he has ever met apparently.

"Why don't we go inside the hell hole and forget about all of this?" He said and Zayn nodded.

When they entered their English classroom, a very particular fake blonde stood up and rushed towards the two. At first Louis thought Niall would be angry at him for leaving, but if the bone crushing hug he received from the guy was anything to go by, the leprechaun wasn't angry at all. Niall refused to let him go until the teacher entered the classroom and coughed at the side of the two boys hugging each other and for the first time, Louis didn't mind that people were looking at him.

Lunch was a bit more hectic. He could feel the eyes of at least 3/4th of the cafeteria on him while he sat down at his usual table with Niall and Zayn. The Irish boy sat down besides him and to Louis' relief, Niall didn't ask why he left or where he was when he wasn't in school. He knew the blonde waited for him to tell what was going on, but he also gave Louis the time to do it in his own pace and Louis could kiss him for that.