Part 12

Part Twelve.

Jess' POV

I stood there panicking. How could I help? I didn't want to get hurt again, and I was pretty sure this person doesn't want to go through what I did! I'm forever scared by that monster! I sat there and broke down for a minute when a car stopped in front of me. "Jess what's wrong?" "Oh my god Vic! I need your help!" He was stepping out of the car to come and see what was wrong with me when I just threw myself into his arms. "Woah Jess, what's wrong? You seem shaken up!" I couldn't help but start crying more. I pointed towards the park, and Vic looked over but couldn't see what I could. "What Jess? There's nothing there but a dead tree." Was I seeing things? I couldn't be, I definitely just saw that horrible boy drag a young girl over there! "I swear I..." Vic pulled me in for a hug. "Do you want to explain this on the way home? I'll drop you off at yours." I felt like Vic was a close friend for some reason instead of another band member that I obsess over. Was this normal? Was I actually becoming a friend of Pierce the Veil's? If so I want to be friends with all of them and all of Sleeping with Sirens. If not for them, I doubt Pierce the Veil would know who I am and would just think of me as another fan.

I was sitting in the back of the car with Vic and Jaime, and Tony and Mike were in the front with Mike driving when suddenly my phone started ringing. "Hello" I ask without actually looking at the caller ID" "Hey Jess, it's Kellin" they're finally calling me! Even if it is bad timing on my part. "Oh hey" I replied, trying to act like I wasn't scared about what I had just experienced. Kellin obviously knew something was up, but be probably thought that it was because they had finally called because I heard him and the other guys talking on the other end of the phone. "Okay, we've found out a date we can meet, its a week from now, so on the 23rd?" Was I busy, oh hell, even if I was I could blow it off to hang out with Sleeping with Sirens, I had already begun to hang out with Pierce the Veil, even though it was down to awkward circumstances. "Okay, sounds great!" I muttered down the phone. In one week from today, I would be sat with Kellin, Justin, Gabe, Jesse and Jack! I was practically jumping inside from excitement, but at the same time I was still scared and nervous. "Woah Jess, please calm down, or I will have to join in with your dancing" Jaime laughed, and to be honest, I wanted to see him dance; it might have calmed me down slightly and help forget everything.

"Hey Jess, snap out of it, we're here!" Vic said softly, trying to drag me out of my train of thoughts. As I slowly drifted back to reality, I noticed Oli sitting on my doorstep. "Thanks for the lift. For the record, this may be tbe best day of my life so far, apart from the mini breakdown. Sorry about that" I said, climbing out of the car awkwardly as I tried not to fall on Jaime. "Wait Jess, I need to ask you something!" Vic said as he followed me, happily kicking Jaime on his way out of the car. "Ouch Victor, why do you do this to me" Jaime pouted over dramatically, pretending to cry which caused everyone to laugh.

When we were away from the car Vic walked in front of me and stopped. "So if you dont mind me asking, why were you freaking out earlier?" Vic asked sweetly. Oh no, I was hoping he would have forgotten although I don't know why I expected that of him; he's a singer, his job involves remembering things. "Well... I uh..." I was stuttering out of control and I felt tears slowly build in my eyes, when I was suddenly pulled in for a hug. "Don't worry, you don't have to tell me, I was just curious." Vic was so nice, I wonder if the rest of them are as sweet as this? I really hoped that I didn't have to tell anyone about this stuff, but I hoped they didn't find out about my anxiety problem the most. "Here, here's my number, just call me if you need anything, okay?" Vic said, handing me his phone number. How was I meant to react to this? "Thanks" I replied sheepishly, holding my hand out for his phone so I could put my number onto his phone. After we exchanged numbers, I watched as Pierce the Veil drove off, and Sleeping with Sirens appeared out of nowhere chasing after Mike who seemed like he could drive in a professional race!

I turned around and remembered Oli had been sat there the whole time. "Hey Oli, what's up?" I asked, realising he still hadn't noticed I had been there the whole time. He slowly but surely looked up at me with a shocked expression on his face. "Oh my god Jess, I was so worried! I phoned and no one picked up and I thought something happened to you!" he yelled, running up to me and pulling me into a hug, his face stained with tears. What's with all the hugging lately? "Oli, I'm fine honest, look at me." He looked up at my face and I smiled reassuringly, until I realised he was gazing into my eyes. He slowly began to lean closer to me, and my breathing hitched. Oh no, I can't do this I need to go, now!

~~~~

Listening to; Remembering Sunday by All Time Low