Part 37

Part Thirty Seven.

Kellin's POV

We got to the side of the stage, Jess still on my back, and watched as Pierce the Veil finished the opening of tonight's show. Its fun touring with them; their stage antics, their jokes, their energy. We've been friends for years which is why we brought them to open our show, we wouldn't want anyone else when they can. "Thank you! Everyone feel free to leave now, the show won't get much better" Vic laughed into the mic winking in our direction, causing us to all stand in hysterics. I put Jess down and pulled her into my side as the tech guys exchanged equipment and Vic, Jaime, Tony and Mike came running off towards us. They high fived Jesse, Justin, Jack and Gabe before coming over to where me and Jess stood, and they picked her up before running away with her, Jaime holding her up one side and Tony holding the other. I can't exactly run after them, we'll be going on stage in a minute, but I trust them to watch her. "Make sure she stays safe" I said to Vic seriously, and he nodded before 'bro hugging' me an following their direction with Mike.

It was silent on stage and completely black. Everyone made their way on to stage and I followed close behind. We got into our positions before the lights flashed on and Gabe started hitting the drums in a familiar beat, if you can't hang, which the others started to join in with before I had to start singing.

Jess' POV

I was huddled into Kellin's side as Pierce the Veil ran off stage. Their opening was as good as I remember when I was in the audience; that feels like it was years ago. They were quickly congratulated by the other Sleeping with Sirens guys before Jaime and Tony ran over to me, picking me up by one arm and one leg each. This wasn't something I was expecting to happen so I screamed slightly, not with fear, but with happiness. In no time Jaime and Tony had carried me all the way to the green room and had put me down on solid ground before hugging me in turn. After about a minute Vic and Mike walked in smiling at me before hugging me and taking their place on the leather sofas. "Did you just kidnap me?" I asked raising an eyebrow at Jaime. "I guess we did" he laughed whilst shrugging. They all got into deep conversation about band stuff that I would rather not know, I'm still one of their fans after all. I pulled out my phone and looked through my pictures, noticing some of me and Oli. What made him turn on me so bad? He knows everything about me and I really believed I could trust him, but clearly not. "What do you think Jess?" Mike asked and I had no idea how to reply. A look of concern washed Vic and Mike's face but soon passed. "Sorry I don't know what you were talking about" I responded, laughing awkwardly at the end before looking back down at my phone. I kept looking through the photos of me and Oli until I head some footsteps so I closed the app and locked my phone, looking up to see Tony. "Hey turtle" I said smiling. He smiled back, but the smile looked quite sympathetic. "What's up? Please don't cry, I hate to see people cry, especially people close to us". I'm close to them? That cheered me up slightly. "Nothing just, photos... memories" I said so only he could hear and smiled, and as a response he wrapped his arms round my shoulders and hugged me. "Its alright Jess. You're safe, everyone will make sure of it" he said smiling and releasing me to go and sit back with his band.

I left the green room to watch the guys on stage, and was followed by no one so it was just me stood at the side of the stage leaning up again a metal post watching one of my all time favourite bands. Life couldn't be any better than it is. I hadn't noticed but Tom had crept up behind me so when I noticed him stood next to me I flinched slightly until I looked at his face knowing he was someone I could trust. "Sorry did I make you jump" he asked, screwing his face up slightly. I shook my head and smiled at his reaction. He smiled back before looking out into the large stage where the song 'Who are you now' was playing, this was one of my favourites and to be able to see it live at this distance from this angle was just incredible. "What do you think of them live?" he asked, not looking away from the stage for a second. "They're great, amazing even. The amount of energy they put into this is remarkable" I said smiling to myself. "Have you seen them live before? Like, before you became this close with them?" he asked. I seriously would have thought he would have known this being their tour manager and stuff. "Once, that was actually how I met them to become this close. They kept me and uh, Oli, after the show and yeah, it went from there" I said, smiling at the memory. I looked back up noticing Gabe and Kellin looking this way. How can He drum without looking? That's actually quite cool. I gave them a smile before looking back at Tom, who was looking at me with fascination. "They kept you after a show?" he repeated, with the same fascination on his face lacing through his voice. "Yeah, apparently I wasn't the 'typical fangirl' and they appreciated that" I replied, laughing at the end. He laughed before saying "I need to go and sort out some things, I'll see you later", and he smiled and walked away.

I stood here until they finished the show just enjoying the music that I once only listened to through my earphones. It's amazing that I can even be stood here, enjoying the performance from this close like I once had. I hadn't noticed that they had finished until I was picked up by Kellin and given a piggy back ride backstage. "Kellin put me down!" I screamed in protest but he wasn't having any of it. The Pierce the Veil guys must have heard because Jaime jumped round the corner and stood in a heroic pose before shouting "I'll save you Jess!", before running over and lifting me off Kellin's back and carrying me bridal style to the green room. Kellin obviously followed close behind and the second Jaime put me down, Kellin had pulled me into a warm embrace before leaning down and planting a soft kiss on my lips. "You wait here with the Mexicans, we're going to get changed" and with that he smiled and ran off with his band.

Oli's POV (This is new!)

I can't believe I done that. I've always been there for Jess, until he stepped in and stole her. There's no way i'll get her now. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a notification appearing on my screen, indicating a new text from, Russell?

- You got caught then. What happened?
- They dragged me inside and questioned why I was doing what I was doing. They brought up you as well
- How much do they know about me!? That little bitch better have kept her mouth shut!
- I don't know, I stormed out before things got out of control. I also told her that she can't run forever
- good. She can't and she won't. As soon as she's away from her little friends, i'll get her back.

It actually hurts me to know Im helping put her in danger, but maybe I could do the whole hero thing and help her when Russell gets her? It's worth a shot... right?

~~~~

Listening to; Repeating Apologies by Of Mice & Men