Part 26

Part Twenty Six.

Jess' POV

I was running my fingers over the cut along my hand when Kellin rushed in. "Oh my god Jess are you alright? I've been so worried! I thought I was going to lose you!" he shrieked, crying into my shoulder whilst hugging me. He noticed me flinch and quickly let go, remembering I'm quite fragile in this state. "Sorry" he said cautiously, tears still falling down his face. "Dont be sorry Kellin, please, this is my fault" I said pulling him back into a hug.

We sat like this for a while; him next to me holding me protectively against his chest. "I'm never going to let another bad thing happen to you Jess" he said, stroking my hair with his fingers. "You can't always be there for me" I said hugging him tighter. "I want to be Jess... I thought I lost you. I walked out of the restaurant and found you lying by the side of the road, do you know how much that killed me? I know we don't know that much about each other, but I do know I love you" he said, leaning down to kiss me. "I love you too Kellin. And I'm really sorry that you had to find me like that" I said, clenching my injured hand once again. "What's wrong with your hand?" Shit, he noticed. "Nothing, I just fell and hurt it" I lied, but he saw right past that lie. He grabbed my fist and opened it up to see the deep line dragged through my palm. A look of pain washed his face and I pulled my hand away, clenching it back up again. "What happened to you Jess? I want the truth" he asked sternly, tearing up again. "You wouldn't like the truth" I said honestly, not even I like the truth. "I may not like it, but I have to hear it. I don't want to think that someone is out there looking for you", as he said those words I froze up, remembering what he said once over the phone.

"I'm going to find you, I don't care what it takes, but until you're mine, or you're dead, I'm not going to stop torturing you and making your life a living hell. You might as well come back to me while you still have your dignity"

"That's not it, is it Jess?" I was silent for a while after he accidentally brought back the memory before a warm tear rolled down my cold cheeks, at which point Kellin grabbed me and pulled me closer if that were even possible. "Whoever it is, I won't let them near you. I promise..."

Vics POV

"Do you think Jess is okay?" I asked, trying not to give away the feelings I'm hiding from everyone that were thankfully slowly fading. Everyone was silent at the thought of Jess, until we watched as her parents and another guy walked in, he looked a bit like Jess, maybe they're related? "What happened!" her mum screamed, running over to us. I looked around and saw all the guys looking at me; looks like I've been volunteered. "From what I've been told by Kellin, he found Jess by the side of the road in pretty bad condition, I don't know if you were told, but they all went out for dinner and took Jess with them. But yeah, the nurses said she's in stable condition with some injuries that will heal over time, but at the moment she only wants to see Kellin" I said, trying to explain what I knew. Jess' parents sat down and nodded at which point Kellin came out. "She says she'll see you guys now" he said. He looked like he had been crying; just how bad was this? Everyone ran past him towards Jess' room and Kellin followed, before I reached out and grabbed his wrist to stop him. "What's going on? You look terrible" I said, holding his arm, causing him to cry again so I hugged him and sat him down. After a while of Kellin crying, he finally managed to speak. "Jess is in danger." "What kind of danger!" I screamed, realising how loud that was considering we were in a hospital. "I-I can't say" he sighed, placing his head back in his hands. "Is it really that bad?" I asked and he nodded, still allowing tears to roll into his hands, which resulted in me rubbing his back supportively. Just how much danger was Jess in?

~~~~

Listening to; Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings