Part 21

Part Twenty Øne.

Kellins POV

"Five minutes until you're on!" Tom shouted towards us. Pierce the Veil were on the stage now, they had performed A Match Into Water, Bulls in the Bronx and Disasterology. They were going to perform King for a Day but then I was on before the other guys and I didn't want that, so their last song would be Bulletproof Love. "I'm really nervous Jesse" I said truthfully, I had never done anything like what I was about to do on stage before, but I wanted to make this a brilliant surprise for Jess. "I know man, but just think, once you've done it, you'll feel much better, and you'll have the girl" he said, winking as he gave me a reassuring pat on the back followed by a bro hug. At that moment Tom walked out bringing Jess with him, "Guys, two minutes alright" he yelled over the noise coming from the stage, his eyes looking like they were going to fall out any minute, he was more excited than we were! He left Jess next to us but stayed close ready to sit her in the stands to watch us perform. "Good luck guys" she smiled at all of us, which was followed by a few thanks and hugs from the guys.

'By the time you're hearing this I'll already be gone

And now there's nothing to do but tear my voice apart

Nothing to do

And scream at the drunken moon'. The crowd were going crazy. Vic walked up to the front of the stage ready to introduce us. "Thank you! You've been a great crowd. I would now like to introduce the people you really came to see tonight, They're a great band and close friends of ours. Sleeping with Sirens!" Vic screamed the band name to get our attention, and when he looked round, Mike, Tony and Jaime had already left the stage. Vic ran off and the stage went black. I took that moment, where no one could see, to kiss Jess, and straight after I ran on stage to leave no awkward tension between us.

As soon as the lights came on, I winked at Jess who was trying her hardest not to blush, so she stood there smiling at me until Tom took her over to where she was going to sit. The whole crowd were screaming. The chord needed droned out, and that was my cue to begin the song, all whilst the crowd were still screaming.

'Father, father tell me where have you been? Its been hell not having you here, and I've been missing you so bad, but you don't seem to care.

When I go to sleep at night, you're not there....'

We went on with the song, the crowd singing along with me the whole time.

We then played 'If I'm James Dean You're Audrey Hepburn' followed by Sorry, Do It Now Remember It Later, With Ears To See and Eyes To Hear and then Roger Rabbit. It was at that moment I made my special announcement; the surprise.

"Before we continue, I have a surprise for someone here if that's okay with you guys?" I shouted out to the crowd, which in return, started screaming back at me once again. I stared into the bright light at the back of the room before turning round to look at the guys; my best mates, who all started nodding at me. Here goes. "Tom, you know what to do" I said nodding at him. My heartbeat was faster than it had ever been and it felt like my stomach was tied in knots. Tom had Jess stand by the steps to the stage and I took a deep breath before looking back to the audience. "There is a special someone here today. And I have a very important question to ask them", I looked over at Tom and gestured for him to bring Jess up on stage. If there were ever a time that I needed to keep my confidence up, it was now! Tom brought Jess up on to the stage and she couldn't keep the smile off of her now bright red face. "Jess... Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked once she was standing next to me, and as a response the majority of the audience gasped and started whistling or screaming the words 'say yes!' towards us. She stood there, her jaw nearly hitting the floor for about a minute before she finally nodded. Once she finally managed to get the word 'yes' out of her small mouth, I smiled at her and pulled her towards me, planting a kiss on her perfect warm lips.

At that moment Vic and Jaime ran on stage and picked Jess up, running around the stage acting like they were fighting over her, luckily they were only joking around. Vic walked over to me and stole the microphone from my hands. "How could you Kellin? I thought you loved me" he pouted, acting like a real drama queen, receiving laughter from the crowd. I shook my head at his stupidity and picked Jess up, carrying her off stage, and kissed her once again before going back on stage to finish the show.

~~~~

Listening to; Yeah Boy, And Doll Face by Pierce the Veil