Part 31

Part Thirty One.

Jess' POV

What on earth was up with Kellin? He seemed sort of, angry? I don't know but I don't want him to be angry or upset or whatever the hell he is for sound check. I carefully stood up, almost hitting my head on the bunk above and stepped out of the tour bus to see Kellin sitting on the floor, his head in his knees as his legs were pulled close to his chest. "Kells, what's wrong?" I asked, the concern evident in my voice. He just shook his head, somehow managing to keep it on his knees. "Kellin please, I'm here for you, you want to help me and I want to help you, so what's up?" I asked again as I sat down beside him. I was startled when I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me somewhat closer to him as he began to cry silently into my neck.

After a while of him silently crying on me, he finally managed to get some words out, "Promise you won't hate me if I tell you" he practically pleaded, looking up to stare into my eyes with his glazed ones. "I could never hate you Kellin, but I promise" I said as i looked deep into his eyes. He looked back at the ground and pulled his hands in front of him and spoke, his voice barely audible. "I looked at a message on your phone" he muttered, and thats when realisation hit me; it wasn't something that's going to pass because Kellin now knew. "How did you get into my phone" I asked calmly. "Lucky guess" he replied, still keeping his eyes locked on the asphalt below us. I sighed before speaking. "Kellin I'm not mad at you so please at least look at me." "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, tears still flowing from his stain glassed eyes. "I-I wanted to but-" I was cut off before I could finish my reply. "I'm really sorry but can you please tell me what is going on? I want to be able to protect you, and this message is serious! If you don't want to take it to the police I understand but please Jess, I need to know what's going on" he said, allowing more tears to fall from his eyes, and there was no way I could possibly say no. "Alright, I just didn't tell you before because I don't want you to hate me, and he said if I told anyone, he would be sure to harm them too..." I couldn't get anymore out before Kellin put his hand over my mouth. "He?" I probably should have started off with something smaller.

Kellin and I were back on the bus as alone in the bunk area; all the others were up and sitting in the living area eating breakfast. I was looking around for a distraction that wasn't Kellin's piercing eyes that were locked on to me. I noticed a clock at the end of the hall area and saw the time; 10:30. Still an hour and a half before sound check; there wasn't any way I was getting out of this.

I was sat on the edge of our bunk and Kellin was sitting on the edge of Gabe's. He leant forward, placing my hands, including the one that was slightly bandaged still, in his and he pressed his forehead against them. "Please tell me what's going on Jess" he replied, I could tell he was trying not to let any more tears fall. "Right from the beginning?" I asked, knowing what the answer would be. His response was a simple nod as he still kept my hands gently in his. "Okay" I sighed. "It all started..."

Kellins POV

*From the beginning of this chapter*

I got up and walked out of the bus, I just couldn't handle this, someone out there is after Jess and she won't tell me why or who. I felt myself breakdown and slide down the side of the bus, pulling myself into a ball on the hard floor below me, whilst our driver was filling up the bus ready for the journey ahead. I heard someone step off of the bus and looked up only slightly and saw some red converse, and I knew instantly it was Jess; I didn't want her to see me this way.

..."I want to help you, so what's up?" she asked, sliding down the bus to join me on the floor. I couldn't deal with this, I pulled her closer to me and hugged her tightly, but not so much as to hurt her. I then let the tears flow which I regretted because I don't want to tell her why I was like this, but I guess I would have to. "Promise you won't hate me if I tell you?""I could never hate you Kellin, but I promise". After a moment of silence I managed to just about get a sentence out of my shaky mouth. "I looked at a message on your phone" I said shamefully, keeping my eyes focused on part of a broken beer bottle on the floor; who drinks in a gas station? "How did you get into my phone?" she asked, I'm assuming to the fact it has a password. "Lucky guess." I still hadn't looked at her yet, I just couldn't.

After talking outside for a little, we ended up back in the bus, and I asked her again to tell me what was going on. "Right from the beginning?" she asked and I simply nodded, still holding her hands; I was surprised that she hadn't pulled her injured hand away yet. I really just wanted to get rid of her pain, her sorrow, anything that could harm her. But I couldn't, however much I want to. "Okay. It all started..."

~~~~

Listening to; Disasterology by Pierce the Veil