Chapter 2 | The Night

"I'm going to hang out with people, and I'm going to explore myself, and I'm okay with that." -Selena Gomez

***
I WAS SITTING in History class, droning in and out of what my teacher was saying. Her voice was a slur as I paid little attention to what she was saying. Glancing at the clock, my eyes lit up when I saw it was 1 minute till the end of class. Counting down, I begged for time to pass quicker.

"3...2...1...YAS!" I murmured softly, squealing as the bell rung. Grabbing my bag, I headed for the door.

"HEYY EMMAAA!" My best friend Sarah called out, running towards me with flailing hands.

"Hey! What's with the flailing hands?" I smirked jokingly, opening my locker while side glancing her with a mischievous smile.

"Uh my hands are a little crazy today." She replied winking, sending me shaking my head with a grin plastered across my lips.

"Are you going to the party at James' house tonight? The whole school has been invited!" She squealed, barely containing her excitement. I shook my head, looking down at the marble floor.

Nice floor really.

"Pleasee Em? I'm sure you wouldn't abandon me to go to the party alone, would you?" She begged me with puppy eyes, making me sigh and agreeing to her request.

Squealing in further delight, she informed me she would pick me up at 7.30pm sharp before driving us to James' house. I nodded arching an eyebrow at her over excited reaction, sending her blushing almost immediately.

***
It was 7pm and I was staring at my closet, wrecking my poor brain on what to wear. After standing in front of the closet for what seemed like an eternity, I settled with a pair of jeans and a crop. Staring in the mirror, I came face to face with a girl with panda eyes due to lack of sleep. Sighing, I looked at watch as it flashed 7.30pm. Looking out of the  window, Sarah's matte black Aston Martin DB11 was parked at my front door.

Skipping steps down the stairs, I opened the front door almost immediately just to see an astonishing Sarah. Her hair was perfectly sitting on her shoulders as her makeup on her face made her look perfect. Clad in a black dress filled with sequins and black heels, she looked flawless.

Eyes widening, I gushed, "Hell Sarah, you look awesome..."

Her eyes widening too, she whispered, "Hell Emma, you look terrible..."

Wow, very encouraging. Thanks, my best friend.

"Come with me, we still have half an hour not counting the time we drive there, I'm gonna help you. You'll look per-fect." She muttered.

Pulling my my the arm, she dragged me up the stairs to my room. Throwing open the closet, she rummaged through my clothes as I sat in my bed, arching an eyebrow.

"AHA." She practically squealed, sending me into a jump. Holding a dark blue dress in her hands. Wait, how did that dress even end up in my closet?  "Put this on, no questions. And be quick, I still have to fix your makeup."

Gee thanks.

"Um mind turning around?" I bit my lip.