Chapter 30 | Stolen Heart

"He was my drug, and I overdosed"

YAYY so my exams today so I'll be updating regularly. AHH I've got finals for 4x100m and 20x100m relay tmr, wish me luck XD 😂😝

***
"Yeah... Wait... How did you know her name?" Adam asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Oh. My. God." I managed to stutter, not believing what I'm hearing and seeing. Glancing at the picture, I confirmed her identity by identifying her birthmark on her right arm.

As realization slowly creeped in, horror and disbelief engulfed me as I stared at Adam, stunned beyond words. A lump seemed to be caught in my throat as I tried to make sense of my new findings. "How..." I muttered under my breath.

Does this mean that Sarah was also chosen for these missions??

And... I was her good friend and yet I didn't even know??

Wait, eeeesh, we chosen ones were definitely good at hiding. Obviously. And obviously she would be able to hide it from me the way I obviously kept it away from her.

I'm so smart.

"So she's also under Boss Jimmy?" I came to a conclusion, looking at Adam to confirm my inference. He merely nodded, making me widen my eyes.

"You still haven't answered me. Bad habit. So... How do you know her?" He asked again, confusion bubbling in his eyes as he urged me to answer him quick.

"She is my best friend. She's my best friend, Adam." I said slowly, regretting my words as soon as they slipped off my tongue.

"Serious?" He asked incredulously, eyes widening as he squeezed the blanket in his hands tightly.

"Serious." I answered, mind still wandering about Sarah and her past.

My mind continued drifting around like a small boat in the swap blue sea, bobbling about in the waves of strong currents. After a few moments of drifting, I realized there were indeed times she was acting a little weird.

Half a year ago, she told me that she was visiting her old friend in Japan and left for a month. When I asked her about the place, she told me it was interesting before hurriedly changing the subject when I asked about what she did there.

There was another time when a boy was getting bullied along the aisles. She bravely walked over and twisted the bully's arm, before asking the victim to run. Scolding the bully, she told him that he'd better stop or else he would have two broken arms instead of one.

Back then, I was damn impressed. When I asked her about it, she told me she'd learn self defense in the past. Thinking that it was normal self-defense others learn, I let that slip my mind.

"Oh. My. God." Adam muttered under his breath, still unable to believe what I had said.

I forced a smile, chewing my bottom lip. Hesitating I contemplated my next question. "So, what are you gonna do next?" I asked, silently praying with all my heart that they would not get together.

Sorry...

Maybe I'm just a person who's overprotective about the things and people I consider 'mine'. Maybe I was overprotective because I cared too much. Maybe I was overprotective because I laid down a huge trust and hope on them.

Maybe all of these were gonna go down in flames.

Maybe nothing lasts forever.

Looking into Adam's eyes, I hoped that my eyes didn't look to longing nor begging. Eyes were the windows to the soul- my teacher often said. Stare into their eyes and you would know if their sincere or not.

"Well... Since neither Sarah nor I have any feelings for each other, I guess it'd be okay to break up since Boss Jimmy is dead anyway." Adam said slowly, looking into my eyes, sending butterflies crashing in my stomach walls.

"So you guys are gonna break up?" I asked, biting my lip to try hide the mixed feelings which was bobbling in my heart.

"Yeah... I mean, there's no point in being in a relationship you don't want, agree?" Adam continued, eyes still gazing at me.

"Uh-huh." I replied, confused why he was asking my opinion about all these.

"Especially when your heart has been stolen..." Adam slowly trailed off, eyes still looking at me. However this time it wasn't the usual kind of staring, it was one filled with hunger.

"Huh?" I replied, trying to control my slamming heart against my chest. What was this hunger? Hungering for me?

Or food- my bae.

Yes, food always before guys.

No questions.

"It was stolen. Stolen by no other but you..." Adam bit his lip nervously as a smile tugged at the corners of his lips, eyes looking increasingly yearning.

"Oh my Lord... Are you sure aliens didn't invade your body?" I muttered, heart rapidly thumping as I felt heat crawl up my skin to my face, hoping I wasn't blushing too hard.

"Yes I'm sure aliens didn't invade my body. They may be jealous of my body but I won't let them invade it." Adam cut my off gently as a smirk crossed his face, making my eyes widen. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing seemed to come out. Laughs erupted from Adam, sending my cheek burning.

"So, will you be my girlfriend, Cookie Monster?" Adam continued, eyes softening with sincerity as he gazed into my eyes, a smile tugging playfully at his lips...

***
*SQUEEAALLS**

YAYY!

What are your viewsss😝😝💖

Please vote and comment :)) tysm!