Chapter 29 | Forced

Chapter 29 | Forced

"If he doesn't care, he obviously isn't worth your time." -Ig post

***
My eyes widened as I forced a smile. "Oh..." I stammered, feeling my heart plummeting downwards, crashing into millions of pieces.

There was too many things that happened just yet for me to digest, just like insoluble particles in water, forming a suspension. The events were like the particles while my brain was trying in vain attempt to process and absorb.

Staring at the floor, I tried to blink away the tears which were rapidly forming in my eyes. My mind then flashes through images when Adam had treated me exceptionally well.

The hugs. The comfort. His small actions which meant so much. Did they all mean nothing?

And they really don't, why did he drop those hints? Why did he lead me to think he was into me?

Unless he does it to other girls too?

No. No. No.

As those thoughts lingered in my mind like gloomy clouds ready for a storm, anger and sadness surfaced in me. I bit my lip till I thought I tasted blood as I let my gaze fall steely on Adam, trying to keep a straight face. I was going to ask him, I wasn't one of those girls who overreact without understanding the problem fully.

"Why... Tell me why Adam... All those small gestures, do they mean nothing? If so, why... Why did you lead me into thinking you like me?" I stuttered, failing to keep an emotionless face as tears fell, streaming down my face.

I used the back of my hand to quickly wipe away the tears, before cleaning it on my jeans, turning the patch dark blue. Staring at Adam through wet eyes, I could see regret written on his face as he hesitated.

"Go on, tell me!" I pushed, feeling a new set of tears resurface as I tried to use anger to cover up the hurt I felt. It was like a knife stabbing through my heart.

Pain. Pain. Pain.

Adam bit his lip as he turned away, avoiding my gaze, making a tinge of anger stir within me. I took in deep breaths as I attempted to calm myself down in vain. My fingers scrunched the hem of my shirt continuously, using it as a source to divert my anger.

"So?" I prompted, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked at him with tears brimming in my eyes. I felt the cool air from the hospital brush entry across my tear-stricken face, sending tingles down my spine.

"Promise me you will listen to my whole explanation before overreacting okay?" Adam replied softly, gaze latching with mine as he held them captive.

I sucked in a breath as I looked away before nodding, staring down at the white floors. Emptiness- just like how I felt.

"Well... I'm sure you know how much I care about you. I know you're probably questioning that after what I've said but trust me, it's hell lot." Adam said slowly, taking in a deep breath as his eyes softened.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, waiting for him to continue. "Remember all those actions? They weren't nothing or as small as you think they might be... They mean more than that..." Adam continued, looking at me with assurance written all over his face.

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked, cutting him off. I fixed my stare on him as I tried to detect any trace of lies.

What he was saying about caring for me more than a normal friend would, all those hugs, wouldn't it be unfair to his girlfriend? Isn't it unloyal? I mean, I wouldn't want that if I were her...

Snapping out of my thoughts, I told myself to focus on the present. Adam sighed before sitting up straight on the bed cross-legged, turning to face me.

"I was forced." Adam said slowly, biting his lip as he looked into my eyes, nodding his head slightly.

My eyes widened as I looked at him, confused. My brain tried to make connections but seemingly didn't find any possible links.

"What?" I asked, confusion bubbling within me.

Adam looked away, hands pulling at the blanket as he clenched the corners into a ball in his hands. Silence slowly settled between us, making unease crawl under my sleeves.

"I didn't want to..." Adam trailed off, eyes still fixed on the blanket. "I was forced to be with her." He continued, eyes turning soft with sadness as his gaze latched with mine.

"Why?" I pushed further, maintaining a gentle tone lest he gets angry. Millions of possible thoughts flooded my imaginative mind, making my heart slam furiously in my chest.

"Well... Actually neither of us wanted to be together as we didn't have mutual feelings for each other..." He stopped halfway, chewing his bottom lip.

Swallowing some saliva, he continued, "Boss Jimmy. She and I were supposed to be next generation to take over him and give out these missions to kill... And thus, to ensure we work together well we were supposedly bind and forced to... To be in a relationship." He finished off slowly.

"But now that we've gotten rid of him, I think there's a fair chance she and I can be free to choose our partner... Hopefully." Adam said thoughtfully, staring into my eyes for a while.

He looked away slowly, making more questions surface. "Remember the crazy old man who owned the Lambo?" Adam asked softly, staring straight at the white walls.

I nodded.

"His granddaughter is supposedly my girlfriend." Adam continued, making my heart slam against my chest.

"Do you have a picture of her?" I asked, feeling curiosity and a little sadness bubble within me.

He nodded before taking out his phone, scrolling through his camera roll. Finally, his fingers paused at a picture as he hesitated to show me. Clicking on it slowly, he lifted up his phone and tilt it in my direction, showing me her picture.

My eyes widened as I stared at him in horror.

No it could not be.

My heart begun slamming furiously against my chest, making my emotions fly everywhere.

"Is her name Sarah?" I asked slowly, staring into his deep eyes...

***
H o w w a s i t ? 💖

Ps: in case y'all have forgotten, Sarah is Emma's best friend haha

What are your views?🤔

Please vote and comment 🤗

Thanks!!