Chapter 11 | Need For Speed

Chapter 10 | Need For Speed

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Unknown

***
"There is a party tonight at 7pm to 2am." Adam read out the words aloud slowly and clearly.

Ears perking up immediately, I blinked in confusion. "What?"

"You heard right." He answered before continuing to scroll down the contents in his phone, ignoring the fact I was still staring into space, confused.

"Two of the guys are there." He continued, showing me a picture of the two guys on his phone.

Glancing at my watch, it read 7.10pm. "What do we do now?" I asked, utterly clueless.

"This is the secret I was talking about. And secrets aren't meant to be told." He winked, before turning away, leaving me rolling my eyes.

"Now go get changed, preferably a dress." He said, probably knowing I would have worn my jeans.

Sulking, I walked over to my suitcase and took out a sparkly dress, sulking at it before proceeding to the toilet to change...

***
"Can you at least tell me where on this tiny earth are we going?" I asked, tapping my feet impatient.

We were in a taxi, driving to somewhere. Yeah, somewhere.

"Since you said it was tiny earth, there can't be too many places are there?" He smirked as he turned around to face be for a second before facing the front again.

"We're here." He announced, beaming proudly at himself as he paid the taxi fare before alighting.

Pushing open the door, I stepped out of the car as I glanced at the scene before us. This place looked deserted. The ground was filled with overgrown wild grass, reaching up to our knees. The chilly wind blew, sending chills down my spine.

In front stood a door, wooden and old. The walls beside it were made out of concrete, blocking my view of the things inside. Shivering, I continued to take in our surroundings. Nearly everything was grey. Dull. Gloomy.

By the way, why are we here Mr Adam? I thought to myself, a little doubt about this place brewing in my mind.

"By the way, young lady, are you coming or not?" Adam said as he waved me over, shoving his hands into his Jean pockets as he walked towards the door.

Sulking, I quickened my steps as I half-ran towards him. More chills ran down my spine as Adam knocked on the door. On contrary to all the doubt that was stirring in my mind, Adam was full of confidence.

After waiting for a few moments, the door slowly creaked open, like how you would expect a door in an ancient place to sound like. There stood a grey haired man who was beaming happily at Adam. A walking stick in his hand, the wrinkles were more visible as he smiled.

"Ah Adam!" He said happily as he opened his arms as Adam leaned over for a hug. "Hey Mr Richardson! It's been a long time!" Adam replied, pulling away from a hug as he smiled back at him.

I was just standing there and being myself- awkward. Oh well...

Nodding excitedly back at Adam, the old man turned to face me, his smile broadening almost immediately. I just smiled back awkwardly.

"Oh my gosh I'm so proud of you Adam!" The old man said excitedly as he grabbed Adam for another hug. This time Adam just stood there, staring at me confused he shrugged. Shrugging back, I just stood there as they hugged. Or rather the old man hugged.

"You've finally found yourself a girlfriend!" He continued, beaming proudly at himself as he jumped up and down on the spot, flailing his hands wildly in excitement.

Did he just say girl-

WHATT?! GIRLFRIEND?!

I stared at Adam with a look of horror on my face as realization hit me. He looked just as confused, arching an eyebrow at me. Beside him, the old man was chuckling softly to himself, still beaming at his wonderful statement.

Sassy for an old man I had to say, but I'm sorry, you've got it wrong.

Shrugging, Adam proceeded into the room as the old man waved us in, grinning broadly. Leading us to the back, he brought us to his garage.

In the middle was a car with a black cloth over it. A playful smile crossed the man's face as he grinned. "Tadaa!" He screamed happily as he pulled away the cloth, revealing what was under.

Trust me. This man is hyper.

Eyes widening as my jaws fell, I nearly let out a shriek. Believe me, you would to, if you were me. There was a black matte supercar.

It was an Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster.

One of my dream cars.

Still stunned, I held my breath as I glanced over at Adam who was beaming at me, hands still in his pocket as he leaned against the wall of the garage. "Your views?" Adam asked, smirking at my reaction like he had anticipated it.

"This. Uh. Cool. Ah." I stuttered, eyes drifting back to the Aventador as I admired it.

"Amazing vocab. Try using bigger words though." He winked, leaving me glaring at him as he chuckled to himself. "And yes, I do know this is one of your dream cars, but not the dream-est one. We'll get there though. One day."

Staring at him with my eyes still wide, I was utterly speechless. Even the old man who was watching us by the side started laughing at my reaction, clutching his belly as he laughed. This old man was seriously amusing.

"The car keys." The old man grinned as he passed the keys to Adam. Grinning back, Adam thanked him politely before opening the scissor doors of the Aventador as I stared at him in shock.

"Are you coming? Or not?" He asked jokingly, resting his hands on the steering wheel.

"Are you sure you know how to drive a Lamborghini?" I asked him, feeling a little unease creep over me.

"Trust me, I have. And I was pretty good. Now are you getting in or not?" He replied, rolling his eyes.

Glaring at him, I quickly got in, taking in the interior of the Aventador as I leaned back on the seat comfortably.

"Where are we going?" I turned to face him, giving him a questioning look as I cocked my head to the side.

Smirking, he started the engine as he waved to the old man, thanking him while I smiled at the old man, waving goodbye. All smiles, the old man waved back happily at us.

"We are going to the party of course. It's no ordinary party, it's a supercar party. Now, sit back and enjoy the ride." He said, lips curling into a smile, sending shivers of excitement down my spine...

***
HEYY guys! Hope you liked this chapter! :) Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT! :) THANKS FOR READING!! :)