Chapter 33 | Insects Are Scary

"Don't be good to others only, be good to yourself."

Guys please check out my Zodiac Horoscopes book :) thx!

***
"Damn girl, you're red hot." Adam trailed off suddenly, leaving me arching an eyebrow.

"Sorry, I meant hot red." He continued slowly, leaving me frowning.

Well of course I was hot red.

I was freakin' covered in red tomato sauce.

"Gee, thanks for the wonderful compliment." I mumbled, slowly reaching for the napkin on the table to wipe off the stain on my shirt.

Chuckles erupted from Adam as he replied, "Why not you go get get changed? I'll do the dishes."

"Nah I'm good." I muttered almost inaudibly as I pushed my chair back, carrying out empty plates into the kitchen as I felt my cheeks burn.

Clumsiness was probably also in my genes. Can't help it man.

Sighing, I started to wash the plates but something brown in the sink caught my eye. Two long 'strings' were sticking out as my heart began to slam in my chest, peering closer, I saw the whole image.

And guess what?

I screamed.

"AHHH!" I yelled, flying backwards as I gripped the table, taking huge gulps of air, trying to calm myself down.

Brown. Feelers.

Cockroach.

The image of it filled my mind again as I cringed uneasily, still recovering from shock. I hated insects. But mostly I was scared of them.

I should correct my statement.

I am scared of almost everything which is a living thing that moves that is not human. Except those furry furry creatures such as dogs and koalas but if you tell me furry furry grizzly bear, I'll throw a rotten egg in your face.

No questions.

"What's up?" Adams bored voice could be heard from behind, as if screaming was the most natural thing that could ever happen.

"Cockroach damnit." I mumbled under my breath, hands still gripping tightly to the table as my knuckles turned white. From my angle, I had to tiptoe and hop a bit to see where the cockroach was, hands flying to my eyes immediately as I cringed in disgust.

Well, I had to tiptoe most of the time due to one factor- my awesome height. I have successfully gathered quite a few advantages of being short though, such as becoming a professional tip-toer, not even kidding. I have other advantages, but it was only a matter of if you would become bored hearing my long grandfather story.

Or rather grandmother story.

Doesn't matter.

The sounds of a chair moving back as it scraped the floor could be heard as footsteps from Adam neared me. "Chill it is just a... a damn cockroach." He finished off his sentence as he walked over to the sink and removed the plug hole, turning on the faucet as he quickly rinsed the cockroach down the sink before putting the plug hole back.