Chapter 12 | The Game

"She's all about mystery, adventure and risk. And her heart was wild and full of magic" -Jordan Sarah

**
Sounds of partying could be heard from faraway, sending more shivers down my spine. Excitement and nervousness, all mashed into one. Sounds of music blasting could be heard from all around, adding to the joyous mood.

As we neared the place, my heart slammed against my chest at a faster rate. What if we get discovered? What if they know this car isn't ours?

"Stop worrying, just keep calm. Oh and don't forget... act cool." He said, throwing me a smirk before looking at the front again, leaving me glaring at him with daggers in my eyes. It always amazes me how he can always read my mind. In a bad way, of course.

"We're here." He said, pulling to a stop as he ignored the glares I had been sending him.

Outside was a humongous mansion-like house. White all over, it had a gigantic garden outside, with a swimming pool in the middle. Green lush bushes and trees lined the entrance. A red carpet was laid down, with golden sparkles at the side. Glancing at the other cars, there were many supercars ranging from Aston Martins to McLarens to Bugattis and more.

Around us was filled with many people, champagnes in their hands as they swirled their transparent glasses slowly, chatting with their friends as they socialized. They were clad in expensive clothes, carrying branded items from top to bottom.

Glancing down at my dress, I was thankful for Adam's reminder. "Follow me, I know where they are..." Adam said, as he started walking away.

I walked beside him, looking around attentively, trying not to attract any attention. Eyes shifting to Adam, he had a determined look on his face which showed there was no going back. Not now.

"That one. The one with a black jacket. The other is the one beside him." Adam said as he leaned closer to me and whispered, allowing me to feel the hot breath on my ears.

Shivering, I told myself to focus as I noticed Adam had already made his way to them, fixing a smile on his face. Walking with big strides towards him, I heard him whisper again, "Go along with the game I'm playing."

As we neared them, Adam smile only got wider. I know we couldn't kill them here, not when ten other people are in this room together... and I was sure Adam knew that too.

"Hey! Ryan and Liam yeah? Long time no see!" He said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Go along with the game." Adam's voice resounded in my ears, sending shivers down my spine.

I quickly fixed a smile onto my face, hoping we weren't suspicious. Confused expressions immediately filled their faces. "I'm sorry but we don't know..." One of them muttered but was cut off by Adam.

"Don't worry about that. I'll explain to you later. Let's go somewhere with more privacy." He winked, trying to convince them.

Looking around at the curious gazes from the other people in this room, they quickly nodded at Adam, agreeing to his request.

Pathetic.

***
"Your girlfriend?" One of the guys suddenly asked as we made our way to somewhere Adam was bringing us too. It has to be a deserted part of the party. I was sure.

"Yeah." He replied, an unreadable expression on his face as he avoided my gaze.

Go along with the game.

I reminded myself not to stir trouble up now. Not now when we were so close to killing them.

We continued walking past grasses behind the house where the sounds of partying slowly faded behind us.

"Where are we...?" The other man stuttered, but was cutoff by Adam. Again.

"We are in cupcake land sweetie. A place where people die." Adam's smile turned into a snarl, frightened expressions clearly showing on two man's faces.

Unable to contain my amazement at his answer, I let a slight grin touch at my lips. Adam immediately began throwing himself to one of the man as I headed for the other, throwing punches and kicks at their vulnerable spots.

The man dodged my first few kicks and tried to punch me. Too slow. I quickly ducked out of the way, delivering a heavy blow at his chest before throwing a flying kick in his direction.

Staggering back a few steps, he gathered all his energy as he began running towards me with all his strength, preparing to launch himself at me.

Stupid move.

As I watched him increase his speed as he ran towards me, I quickly moved to the side just as he was approaching, kicking out my leg as he passed. As expected, he couldn't stop in time and went on running forward, falling headfirst into the grass.

"Oww, you stupid-" The man began cursing and swearing but was cutoff by me.

Thanks Adam. You taught me the 'skill'.

"Mind your language dear." I said, smiling sweetly as I walked over, putting a leg on his back as I locked him in position.

"ARGHHH!" He moaned, kicking his feet as he struggled to get free. Hammering his fists on the soil below, he continued banging until he finally stopped, moaning at the pain coming from hitting the soil. "I didn't know soil was so painful. Ow. ARGHHH!"

Smirking and trying to contain my amusement, I arched an eyebrow as I answered, "Well, great experience. It's time you know."

He continued moaning as I kept my leg on him without any effort. Glancing over at Adam, I could see he had the man totally under control. He had the man pinned on the ground with his arms behind his back.

Eyes locking with mine, he nodded, signaling it was time for them to enter cupcake land. I nodded back. I knew death was inevitable for our mission. It was the matter of time they had to die.

Grabbing the gun from beneath our shirts, we aimed at them simultaneously.

"Oh shit, tell my hamster I love him, a lot." The man pinned under Adam said, before resting his head on the soil, showing he had given up struggling.

Adam arched an eyebrow at me as we exchanged glances, shrugging at the man's request.

"We're sorry..." Adam said, with a sense of genuine sorry tone, before his releasing his trigger.

Mine followed shortly after.

As we stood there, the two man were lying face down on the floor. Bleeding. Dead.

Gone.

***
Heyy!! Hope you liked this chapter!! Please remember to VOTE & COMMENT! (: