Chapter 18 | Broken Hearts

"When we first met, I had no idea you'd mean so much to me" -Unknown

***
My heart fluttered in my chest as I looked at Adam. His words made warmth seep within me, giving me all the comfort I need. I immediately hugged him, whispering softly ,"Thanks."

A smile simply formed at his lips as he replied, "No problem. Let's watch a movie together."

"Where?" I asked, eyes widening. "Right here, in this hotel." He replied, a mysterious grin plastered across his face.

"Now close your eyes while I go get things done." He said as he pulled away from the hug, leaving a sense of longing for him stir within me. I nodded, closing my eyes as he walked away from the bed.

"Are you done?" I asked after a while, feeling a little weird just sitting there with my eyes closed. "Yea" He replied as I felt his hand brush gently against mine, sending shivers down my spine. He then interlocked out fingers together before pulling me towards the sofa, sending my heart flying in all directions.

"This is my favorite movie. I carry it everywhere I go. It's the only thing that's left of my parents." He said, clicking the play button for the movie to start.

Slumping down on the seat beside me, he placed his arm around me, allowing me to lean on his shoulder. The show was really touching, leaving a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. The last scene showed a man and a woman who has been through so much and now finally reunited.

"So sweet right..." Adam suddenly said, a sad smile flashing across his face. He turned to me, seeking my opinion as I nodded back at him. "If only our loved ones could be reunited with us again..." He said slowly as he trailed off, turning to fix his eyes on the television again.

I bit my lip as I felt sadness stir within me, making me feel sorry for him. "Don't dwell too much on what we wish would happen again. We have to accept some things will not be the way they were in the past. And we have to let go." I said softly, gazing into his eyes.

His eyes immediately flickered to mine, a slight smile appearing on his face. "Who's the wise one now?" He smirked lightly. "It's late... Let's go get some sleep." He said, a tired smile forming on his face as he yawned. I nodded, mind drifting to Sarah. I wanted to contact her, ask her how she was.

"Good night. Don't stay up too late okay?" Adam said as walked out of the living room, giving me a sweet smile.

Did I mention I was a huge sucker for good night and good morning wishes?

I smiled back before nodding, telling him goodnight before I took my phone out and Skyped Sarah. She answered immediately and her face popped out on my screen, making a smile spread across my face.

"Hiiiiiii! What's up?" Sarah exclaimed, grinning wildly. I grinned back,"Nothing much, you?" A mysterious smile flashed across her face, her eyes flickered around her surroundings before leaning in and whispering. "Mark asked me out..."

I let out a small laugh as I congratulated her, leaving her blushing. "Uh let's change the topic..." She slowly trailed off, leaving me smirking and wriggling my eyebrows at her. "Uhh..." She muttered, leaving me laughing.

We then continued talking, me laughing softly in the silence of the living room. Apart from the lights in the living room, there was darkness everywhere. My eyes trailed to the bedroom, seeing Adam sound asleep on his bed.