Chapter 5 | Hidden Secrets

"But there's no such thing as perfect, is there? And even if there is, then I have to say 'perfect' is pretty boring" -I Am Number Four (Series by: Pittacus Lore)

***
PUSHING the hotel room door lazily open, I made my way for my bed as I slumped myself down on it, tired. Adam smirked while shaking his head, locking the door while heading for the kitchen to pour some drinks. Face still buried in the blanket on my bed, I heard the clinking of the glass from the cups.

"Here, have some Coke." I looked up to see Adam holding a glass cup with Coke in his hands. Sitting up straight on the bed, I reached out for my Coke as I thanked him.

"Very observant." I joked, sipping my Coke. Adam arched an eyebrow at me in confusion. I laughed softly. "You remembered I drank Coke on board." A smile hit his lips as realization dawned on him, making him run his fingers through his hair sheepishly.

Putting the empty cup on the table beside my bed, I faced Adam as I waved him to sit on my bed. "So, what's all that buying about?" I tried to make a serious face as I asked. There was silence for a bit before Adam started laughing, looking down at my bed before staring into my eyes again. "Did anyone ever tell you you look very different with that serious face?"

Frowning, I asked, "Well, how do I look?", half expecting a compliment.

"Hm, I'm gonna go with funny." He chuckled. Narrowing my eyebrows, I wanted to jab him in the ribs but he was too fast. Having quick reflexes, he seemed to have already anticipated my move and had already ran away from my bed.

"Don't. You. Ever. Say. That. Again." I screamed in between breaths as I ran after him.

Smirking while laughing, he said sarcastically as he continued to run, " Woah, I'm so scared I'm practically peeing in my pants." Rolling my eyes, I frowned as I continued to chase him around...

***
Dragging him to the couch, I made him sit down as I plopped myself beside him. Staring at me with disbelief, I gave him a sarcastic smile before returning to my serious face. Staring into his eyes, I repeated my question. Laughing softly, he walked towards the dining table where all the things he bought were.

Gesturing for me to go there, I stood up and walked towards the table. "Okay, so time for the revelation of the cakes, muffins and lipsticks! Drumroll please!" Adam said, clapping his hands together. Shaking my head in disbelief, a smile formed at my lips.

Grabbing the knife from the box, Adam cut the cake slowly until it hit something hard. Moving his knife sideways instead of downwards, he continued the motion, making the top part of the cake fall onto the table. Horrified, I stared at Adam as I yelled at him to stop, desperately wanting to 'save' the cake from its 'attacker'.

Softly shushing me by putting his lips to his mouth, he continued this motion until something black could be seen in the cake. Widening my eyes in shock and amazement, I looked at Adam as he winked at me. Slowly dusting away more cake, something could be seen inside. I continued to stare in shock as Adam chuckled softly, stepping backwards to stand beside me.

There in the cake was 2 guns clearly visible. Stepping forward, I picked up one gun up carefully as I observed and fingered it, feeling it's hard and cold surface. Turning to face Adam, a grin was plastered across his face. Smiling back, I said, "Suppose the muffins and lipsticks are not typical too?"

Grinning while nodding, he took out the 10 muffins and placed them on the table in two neat rows. "Do you wanna do this the fun way or lame way?" He turned around to face me with the cheeky expression plastered across his face.

Smirking, I replied, "The fun way." "Right choice." Adam answered, with a twinkle of mischievousness in his eyes.

SQOOSHH!!

My eyes widened at the sudden sound as I stood that way for a few seconds. Turning to face Adam with my eyes still wide open and unblinking, he laughed at my reaction. Shaking my head, I stared at the muffin.

It was flattened.

Poor muffin, really. I empathize with you.

Inside it was a black cloth pouch. Curious, I reached out for the bag and opened it, revealing 10 bullets. Gasping, I turned to face a smirking Adam, shaking his head at my response.

"So, are you gonna join in the fun?" He asked, placing one hand causally on the table as he leaned on it. Looking at his mischievous face, I couldn't help it and nodded...

"So the first one who squashes all their 4 muffins win, okay? That way it'd be equal. Ready 3, 2, 1, GO!" Adam said excitedly.

And we were off, squashing our muffins. I landed both my hands on 2 muffins simultaneously, squashing them before landing them again on the other 2.

"DONE!" We both scream in unison, staring at each other's squashed muffins as we burst out laughing.

There were 8 packets of pouches revealing themselves after we were done, each with 10 bullets in them. The table was now filled with bits and pieces of muffin, leaving a horrible mess behind.

"Looks like we'd have a hard time cleaning up..." I muttered.

"Not so soon. Wanna squash the last muffin together?" Adam asked, ignoring the fact that would add to the mess.

Wiping that thought away, excitement filled my eyes again as I nodded. "So we both aim for the muffin at the same time but the hand who reaches later treats the other to Starbucks. Okay?" Adam asked as he looked at me with his eyes sparkling like diamonds. "Sure." I replied, grinning back.

"Ready 3, 2, 1, Go!" We shouted at the same time, reaching our hands out at the same time to reach the poor muffin which was waiting to be squashed terribly by 2 crazy humans.

Our hands landed on the muffin with my hand at the bottom, signaling that I had won. Squealing, I pumped my fist in the air as I nudged Adam. "Starbucks for me yeah?" I grinned. Moaning and grumbling softly, he nodded, leaving me laughing...

***
Hi guys! Hope you like this chapter! please VOTE and COMMENT😊thank you!