Chapter 28 | Somebody To You

"Don't ever beg for a friendship or a relationship. If you do not receive the same efforts you give, forget it." -Ig post

^good quote yeah😂💖 Anyway, HEEYY! I'm backk:) I'm still between my exams but decided to post this since I have completed it ;)

This chapter is dedicated to my wushu friend _Song_Joong_Ki_ for voting😊tq!

Enjoy👻

***
"Oh. My. Lord." I stuttered, feeling at a lost for words.

Great.

I was officially dead.

"We'll leave the two of you to sort out things." I turned around to see a mischievous smile across Abigail as she gestured for Jared to exit the room with her.

I was now alone.

With Adam.

Perfect.

As soon as they exited the room, Adam chuckled again, leaving me scowling.

"Well..." Adam trailed off, deep in thought as he stared into my eyes, sending shivers down my spine. I guessed he knew how it affected me as his smirk grew bigger.

I tried to hide my emotions as I arched an eyebrow waiting for him to continue his sentence.

"Well, I feel the same." He continued, throwing me a cheeky smile, sending my heart thumping faster as a gush of mixed feelings consisting of happiness and relief flooded me. I felt my cheeks flush as my butterflies began to fly around my stomach.

"As in yeah, I feel the same... I like me too." He winked playfully, interrupting my happy thoughts and sending my heart plummeting towards the ground the next moment.

My mind flashes through the scene in the movie of the boy being rejected by the girl, but in this case, it seemed like I was the one being rejected... Oh well...

Hurt and sadness filled my heart but I decided to put up a strong front. Rolling my eyes for show, I continued," Whatever I said just now were just lies." I managed to choke out, trying to contain the tears which were starting to brim in my eyes as I quickly diverted my gaze, not wanting him to see how his sentence had affected me.

"Hey, I was only joking..." A concerned expression flickered across his face as he slowly sat up on the bed. Gently, he leaned towards me, placing his hand around my neck as he pulled me into his warm embrace. Still hurting from just now, I let the tears roll down my cheeks as they fell onto Adam's shirt.

He gently stroked my hair as he tucked the loose strains to my ear. Leaning close to my ear, he allowed his hot breath to caress my ear as he spoke softly, "It's okay... Don't cry..."

There was silence between us as I bit my lip to prevent myself from sobbing too loudly, tears rapidly forming in my eyes. I didn't want him to tell me that it was okay. I didn't want to hear his words to cheer me up. I didn't want him to comfort me.

I wanted him to tell me felt the same way about me.

I shut my eyes tightly, squeezing out some of my tears. Keeping them close, I breathed slowly, trying to calm myself down. My heart ached inside, having this familiar swelling feeling I had felt the last time Nicholas left me.

Judging from the present situation, Adam probably didn't feel the same way about me as I felt for him. He probably only saw me as nothing more than a friend. He probably...

Breathing heavily, I quickly stopped the flow of my thinking which was greatly affecting my mood.

Change the topic. Don't think about this.

"Why... Why did the doctor say you were in critical condition?" I muttered as I bit my lip, mind still like a confused lost puppy in this big world.

"Well, he is in critical condition, not me." Adam arched his eyebrow as he gestured towards the man lying on the bed next to his, making a frown cross my face.

So that was what led me to think Adam was in critical condition and was about to die, making me-

Shush my brain.

I bit my lip as I tore my gaze away from Adam, unsure of what to say or do. We just let silence settle between us, the soft beeps from the machine beeping every few seconds.

"I guess I'll take my leave now... Get well soon..." I muttered as I began to stand up slowly, heading towards the door with tears brimming in my eyes.

"No Em, look at me..." Adams voice broke the silence as I felt his hand on mine, squeezing it tightly as he tugged me back.

I took a deep breath before facing him, careful of not letting any tear roll down my cheeks. Crying in front of Adam during this situation is definitely not the to-do-list. I didn't want to seem weak in front of Adam. I wanted to be strong in front of him. I wanted to be strong for him.

As I turned to meet his eyes, his eyes immediately softens as he looked into mine. "Do you know I took the bullet for you?" He asks softly, not tearing his gaze from me. I shook my head slowly. "I didn't want to see you hurt. It kills me inside just seeing any pain inflicted on you. I'd rather stuff happen on me than on you, because you mean too much to me."

I took some time to register what he said as I swallowed my saliva, trying to control the thoughts swirling around in my mind. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing seemed to come out.

He gripped my hand softly as he placed it above his heart. "I'd do anything to protect you. This is probably because... Because I care a lot about you." He trailed off slowly, allowing me to digest his words.

I swallowed a lump of saliva in my throat, biting my lips as he continued, voice cracking a little, "But I have to tell you something."

My heart skipped a beat as I looked into his eyes with my confused ones, only to see him look away slowly, avoiding my gaze.

"I already have a girlfriend."

***
P l o t  t w i s t 😱

Interesting plot twist suggested by xxningxx 💓😘 Thanks so muchiee💖

Ahh, what do you think will happen next? 👀🌚

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~