Chapter 4 | Cake, Muffins & Lipsticks

"As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen" -Winnie the Pooh

***
"HEY, I'm terribly sorry for waking this piggy up but we've got work to do." A voice broke the silence, jolting me awake from my beauty sleep.

Did he just call me Piggy?!

Peering from under blanket and rubbing my bleary eyes, I see a busy Adam sitting on his bed, searching up more information about the 5 of them. The 5 we were supposed to kill. The 5 supposed to be dead in 2 months.

Grabbing my pillow from under my head, I tossed it at him. Still looking down at his phone, he caught the pillow mid-air in his hands, dropping it on his bed as he ran his fingers through his hair, shaking his head at me disappointedly.

There goes my pillow. R.I.P pillow.

Sulking, I grabbed my bolster as I faced the other direction of Adam. Hugging my bolster, I admired our room for a few moments before lugging myself out of bed. I quickly washed up before changing into a pair of jeans and a black tee with cursive gold letters saying 'I just wanna drink coffee, save puppies and take naps"

Walking out of the bathroom, Adam seemed to be smirking. "Cool shirt, I'd love to have one too."

Rolling my eyes, I gave him my best sarcastic smile as I said, "Thank you. You can purchase them at a shop called "Little Lie". I can help you choose other similar 'cool' ones, I don't trust your taste in clothes you know?"

Smirking, he shook his head as he waved me over. "I've found more information on this five fellows. We'll call them The Bananas as a code name."

"So, here are some pictures of the bananas." Adam continued, ignoring the amused look on my face.

Shaking the images of real yellow bananas from my head, I carefully took his phone and viewed the pictures. They looked as though they were in their fourties, muscular and tough.

My mind floats back go when I trained everyday at the training grounds, training my ass off. Blood. Sweat. Tears. Those were pretty common things that happened to me during the trainings. I've trained hard for missions, pushing my limits every time. I had this character of mine which was to put my best foot into anything and everything I do. You can do this. Just a bit more.

Biting my lip, I asked Adam what we should do now. His eyes darted to my own with focus and determination as he said, "Let's go shopping. "

***
Adam and I quickly had breakfast at a nearby cafe before entering a bakery. Stepping inside, the whole place was painted with pastel colours, pictures of famous bakers hung all over. Marble floors and friendly smiles of bakers greeted us. "What can I help you with?"

"I would like an extra large chocolate cake and 10 muffins. Those in particular. Thanks." Adam said, pointing to a particular chocolate cake and 10 muffins. Frowning, I wondered why he wanted those. Deep in thought, I haven't noticed until Adam grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the bakery, leaving me glaring at him.

Walking on the streets of San Francisco with the breezy air against our faces, my hair flew happily in the air. "Why do you want that those?" I asked Adam, breaking the silence. Winking, he replied, "Top secret." Moaning loudly, I glared at him. "Here we are." Adam said, ignoring my glare as he stopped in his tracks. I looked up and noticed we were outside a departmental store.

Confused, I turned to Adam to ask him why we were here but hadn't noticed that he had already made his way to the door. Sighing loudly, I ran to the door, flustered. I soon caught up with him. Smirking as he saw me, he said,"Ladies Department." Arching an eyebrow as I glared at him, millions of questions from the bakery and now this with no answers flooded my mind. I didn't bother asking as I knew he wouldn't give me the answers. Until the time is right probably.

At the Ladies Department, Adam headed for the makeup section, taking a particular interest at the lipsticks. "Excuse me, may I have two of this?" Adam told the saleswomen in charge of lipsticks, pointing to a specific two. Smiling widely, the saleswomen nodded as she took the lipstick from the shelf and passed it to Adam. Nodding slightly, he received it, thanking her with a smile.

"Alright, we're done." Adam said, grinning like a Cheshire Cat as soon as we walked out of the departmental store in step. Frowning, I stopped walking as I turned to face him. "You're so gonna tell me what was all that about."

Smile falling, he frowned at me but soon turned to a smirk. "You'll see when we return back to the hotel. Hell, you would be impressed. Not at the stuff only, but at me too."

Arching an eyebrow, I replied, "Haha, why you? Are you a cake, muffin or lipstick? Hm, you look like a lipstick to me." Frowning, he shook his head smiling as he continued to walk forward, leaving me standing there for a few moments before running after him, allowing his soft smirk to fill my ears...

***
Hi guys! Please VOTE and COMMENT! :) Hope you like this chapter! ^_^ Don't forget to add it to your library/ reading list to receive updates on new chapters! I will be updating regularly! :)