Chapter 37 | Take Me Somewhere We Can Be Alone

Chapter 37
Take Me Somewhere We Can Be Alone

The chapter name was inspired by Taylor Swift's song 'Love Story' :) Do listen to it if you're free :)

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story baby just say yes

***
My eyes took their time to adjust to the brightness as I squinted. Rubbing my eyes with my hands, I blinked a few times to ensure this wasn't a dream. Adam accidentally stepping on my foot double confirmed that this was indeed reality.

There in front of me was a stupendous sight. Even stupendous was an understatement. Mouth hung agape, my eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets, unblinking.

There was a wooden log in the center of the canopy of trees, with two blue balloons tied to each end. In front of the log was some branches, presumably to be lit up later for warmth in the midst of the cold night. Colorful balloons were also hung on some branches of trees, creating an sweet and lovely ambiance.

At the sides were tables filled with my baes- food. Ranging from cupcakes to chocolates to sushi and many more, you could tell that I was practically drooling at the sight. At the corner of the table even stood a chocolate fountain with a basket of mashmallows beside it. My heart immediately melted in joy.

That's the way to win my heart. My heart whispered softly, making me roll my eyes. Eyes scanning through all my other baes, my eyes feasted on the tiramisu- my favorite dessert.

My eyes widened in joy as I licked my lips, only to hear chuckles from Adam. "What's your opinion Madame?" He asked jokingly, using a fake French accent in his tone.

"Oh my... This is pur-fect. Thank you!" I practically squealed in joy as I wrapped my arms around Adam's neck in utter excitement. I felt Adam tense up before relaxing the next moment.

"You're welcome." Adam grinned as I let a smile cross my face, feeling like a little kid all over again.

Gently pulling away from him, I gave him a Cheshire cat grin as he grinned back, throwing me a quick wink. "Is this what you were busy with this morning?" I asked him, the confused dots in my mind started to make connections. He gave me a nod and a slightly apologetic look as if saying I'm-sorry-for-leaving-you-alone.

Putting an arm around my shoulder, he led me towards the wide array of food. An excited smile crossed my face and I caught a grin creep onto Adam's face when he saw me smile. Warmth filled my heart as I told myself to treasure him, treasure this someone who could gain joy just by seeing me happy.

"Help yourself to the food." Adam said, eyeing me with a playful smile from the corners of his eye, reminding me of how Dave Franco looked at his other half in some of the movies I watched him act in such as Now You See Me 2 and Nerve.

Damn, Dave Franco is hot.

Snapping back to reality, I grabbed a plastic plate on the table as I began to pick my baes, one by one. Filling my plate to the brim, it kind of had similar resemblance to a hill.

The hill of baes.

What a cool name.

Proceeding to the log to sit down, I crossed my legs as I held the plate in one hand, using the other to pick up the food on the plate as I popped them into my mouth. Closing my eyes for double effect, I licked my lips as I enjoyed the feeling of the marshmallows lightly melting in my mouth. The chocolate added to the final touch as it oozed out in my mouth, making this feel like heaven.