Chapter 17 | Shattered Memories

"If you're important to someone, you don't have to keep begging them for a text, call, or to spend time. They'll do it if you're priority" -Unknown

This chapter is dedicated to my Wushu friends ElephantPancakes XxFaithFalconxX for reading/commenting/voting on my book!💖💖

This chapter is also dedicated to cokaliciouss AchristiA and LuckyLid17 for reading & voting on my book! :) Thanks!! :)

Please VOTE & COMMENT! I'll make y'all dedications😊

And please add this to your library/ reading list :) Thanks!! Enjoy!!

***
Images of blood flashed across my mind as I recalled the dead doctor. His cold and limp body, sending shivers down my spine as a stab of guilt filled my heart.

He died.

In my arms.

I bit my lip as I continued imagining the images of him, making my heart thump faster and faster. The blood. The terror. The fear. All written on his face. It haunts me.

Then my mind floats back to the time I started crying just before I attempted to kill him. I had never cried before killing anyone before. There was something about him which made me cry. The genuinely concerned look on his face when he asked me what illness I got. The genuine care he showed.

It may be just the care and concern, but it meant pretty damn much to me-- my tears showed it.

Ever since my parents left me 2 years ago, I had to fend for myself. I never once revived genuine care or concern during that period. I felt lonely once in a while, but no one cared or noticed.

The more I thought, the deeper in depth my brain dug into my memories. Clawing through the sea of memories, it tried to pry open the lock to the most painful memory. I had securely locked that memory away 2 years ago, adding more locks onto it to prevent it from filling my mind once again. I shut my eyes to keep that clawing away, but it only seemed to fuel it, making me squirm uncomfortably.

"Are you okay?" Adam asked, snapping me out of my thoughts as he walked towards my bed where I was sitting, sitting down beside me.

I heaved a sigh of relief, glad that he saved me from that horrible clawing of memories. I nodded my head but the look of concern was still flickered across Adam's face.

"I know you are not okay... If anything, feel free to talk to me, I will understand. But if you don't feel like telling me just yet, I'll wait. You can tell me when you are ready... I'll wait." He said, looking into my eyes as a look of assurance filled his eyes.

I nodded back as he placed his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I leaned on his shoulder comfortably as I wrapped my arms around his body, feeling those hard abs below that I had been yearning for ever since that day at the waterfall.

Warmth from his body slowly reached me as it calmed me down, making me forget all my worries. I chased all those troubles and worries away and told myself to enjoy this moment. To focus on the present.

Snuggling closer to his neck, I closed my eyes as I breathed slowly, contemplating whether or not to tell Adam about my fragile past. The past I had locked away for 2 whole years. The past which may bring about a whole range of emotions I had felt years ago.

I was afraid. Afraid this would result in a sudden burst of emotions. Afraid this would haunt me once again. Afraid I would not be able to lock it up like I did 2 years ago.

Yet I decided on telling him. Something about him told me he wouldn't judge me. Something about him told me he would understand. Something about him told me he would even help me overcome that memory.

Sighing, I started telling Adam everything. Spilling out everything from my parents death to my brother and to how I led my life alone. Fighting on my own. Living on my own.

Finishing the part about my parents' death, I felt tears well up in my eyes as I buried my head deeper into his shoulder, letting a tear roll down my cheek and onto his shirt. I felt Adam re-adjust his position as he pulled me into his arms, reaching out to give me a hug. I rested my head against his chest, feeling his heart beat stealthily against his chest.

"Let it all out." He spoke softly into my hair as he tucked a loose strain of hair behind my ear. I sobbed silently as I tightened my grip around him, shutting my eyes as I tried to control the the thoughts which were fighting in my brain. I felt his hands stroking my hair gently, in attempt to calm me down. I felt tingles of shivers with every stroke he made, diverting my thoughts away from the fragile memory.

"I know how you feel... Don't let it affect you. Think about it, your parents wouldn't want to see you in this state, greatly affected by their deaths, grieving and doing nothing, right?" Adam continued as he placed his hand on my chin as he tilted it up gently, making my eyes meet his concerned ones.

His words seemed to have struck a chord in me, making me see this past from a different perspective. "Live for them, make them be proud of you." He said as he nodded his head slightly at me, giving me a slight reassuring smile before turning away, looking deep in thought.

"Actually, my parents are gone a long time ago... They have my younger sister hostage as well..." Adam said, a tinge of hurt filled his face but was replaced with a determined look. "But instead of wallowing in self-pity, I decided to put in my best foot forward in everything I do. I want to make them proud of me."

I nodded as I stared at him with admiration. "Since when did you become so wise?" I asked jokingly, smiling through the leftover tears in my eyes.

"Since forever. Now Cookie Monster, I don't want you to get yourself so bothered by your past." Adam looked into my eyes as a small smile tugged at his lips before continuing,"Just remember, I'll always be here for you. Like I always had."

***
Hii!! Hope you liked this chapter! Now we have learnt about both their pasts😂😂

Please remember to VOTE & COMMENT!! I'll make y'all DEDICATIONS😉 Thanks!! :)