Chapter 26 | Protective

"She was a rainbow, but he was colorblind" -ig post

This chapter is dedicated to Left_Unspoken97 for voting😊Tysm!

Listen to Hands To Myself/ Kill 'Em With Kindness by Selena Gomez💖

***
And I charged.

Sprinting towards the man, I swiped the gun out of his hand before stuffing his gun into my jeans. My mind struggled to take in the scenes happening before me as everything seemed to flash across in slow motion.

Taken aback, he stood rooted, stunned momentarily. Thinking fast, I used it to my advantage. Throwing a kick in his chest, I exerted force as I gritted my teeth, taking in rasps breaths. He staggered back a few steps, panting heavily.

I then swung my hand towards his head, delivering him a walloping blow. Fingers landing squarely on his nose, his hands flew to his nose as he clutched it tightly in vain attempt to stop the trickling of blood. Thick red liquid oozed out from his nose, seeping through the gaps between his fingers.

Using it as a distraction, I yanked back the man's arm, only to hear the sounds of bones snapping. The man broke into a loud moan as he clutched his arm, cursing under his breath as he glared at me with fury dancing around like flames his eyes.

Charging towards me, I could literally see determination glowing in his eyes. Anticipating, I quickly darted to the left, missing his blow slightly. Panting heavily, I furrowed my eyebrows, determined not to lose focus.

Just then, I felt my wrists being held in the man's hand, making me groan as I struggled to free my wrists. Lifting my leg up, I kicked him in the stomach, sending him staggering a few steps back as he clutched his stomach in utter agony.

Grabbing this opportunity, I grabbed his wrists as I twisted it behind his back furiously, hearing groans escape from his mouth. Throwing him on the floor, I quickly pounced on top of him, holding him in firm grip. Pulling his collar, I glared at him with burning fury.

"Seems like a fine day to get killed yeah?" I gritted my teeth as I spoke angrily. "Yeah perfect..." He trailed off suddenly as he lunged me towards the ground, making me land up at the bottom, with him above me.

Horror filled my guts as warning signals in my head screamed menacingly at me. I had to get him off. If not, I would be the dead one. He then threw a punch at my cheek, making anger stir within me as pain flooded my cheeks.

Remember. Pain is just an illusory sensation and can be shut down if you needed it to. Shut it down.

I nodded to myself as I cringed from under him, using my hands to push against his hard chest in vain attempt to lift him off me. It was as if I was pressing onto cold, hard metal, thanks to the great job of his abs.

A stupid smile curled at his lips as I came to realize what was happening. The man had brandished a silver pocketknife from his pocket, placing it just against my neck. I felt the cooling sensation from the knife against my hot sweaty skin, sending shivers down my spine. I knew that if I moved an inch, the knife would sink into my skin and that would be the end of me.

"Get. Your. Bloody. Ass. Of. Her." A voice hollered as I saw the man being pulled back, dropping the knife in the process. Acting quick, I grabbed he knife from the floor as I placed it in my pocket, away from the man's reach.

My gaze then fell on Adam who was already flooded in his own blood, sending my heart pounding. My eyes then flickered to the man, resuming the fury I once felt. I then noticed Adam had reached out for his gun, pointing to the man's head angrily.

"Killing is a bloody thing bro. Considering you wanted to kill me just now, it is totally unacceptable." He paused for a while, glancing at me before continuing."Also, I particularly do not want to die in front of her either. "

"So please, keep your hands to yourself or do you need me to sing the song to you?" Adam snarled at him, hands still grabbing the man's collar.

The man nodded, a face of panic taking over his face. "Actually in the song, it says 'CAN'T KEEP my hands to myself'. So long story short, it means I can't keep my hands-." He stuttered slowly and innocently, leaving Adam frowning at him, unimpressed.

"Whatever, my sweetheart. Anyway, I gotta kill you. Remember my valuable teachings. It may come in useful your next life my dear." Adam continued, leaving me pretty amused as my eyes widened, amazed that he could still joke under this circumstance.

"I will. Anyway, just a random question before I die. Are you a Selenator?" The man asked us, leaving me arching an eyebrow at him. Killing many people since young, I have encountered many last words of people but I swear this was one of the weirdest ones.

Adam paused for a while before nodding at him, only to gain a slight smile from him. "Nice to meet you Selenator." The man grinned, sending me confirming he was definitely the weirdest. Adam pursed his lips awkwardly as the man continued, "Remember to kill 'em with kindness, not guns uh uh." The man grinned, sending me exchanging glances and shrugs with Adam, an amused expression forming on my face.

Shrugging awkwardly, Adam replied, "I will. Thanks." Glancing at me, we exchanged nods as I held my breath. Closing my eyes as I allowed the sounds of gunshot to fill my ears...

Opening my eyes, I could see the man's limp body lying on Adam's thighs. Glancing at Adam, I could see an agonizing and tired look on his pale face.

His injury.

Shit.

***
Hope you liked this chapter😊

Please vote and comment💓Thanks!