Chapter 34 | Tattered Hearts

"When a guy gets jealous it's kinda cute. But when a GIRL gets jealous, World War II is about to begin"

YAYYY my relay got 1st woohoo😝thanks to all of my friends for supporting me!😝 rfyfangying xxningxx theasshat_99 Ken_drea_ Silver_chocolate Adamcheng321 and lots of other ppl who don't have wattpad☹️

And omg 1E was so supportive man😂💓so many of you stayed back to cheer😍tysm😊

Oh, William prob won't see this but thanks for the drink🌚😂

PuffFluff AKA French Fries (How did it even come about😂🍟) thx for cheering even though we were sort of competitors😂😝(I just knew your username today😂)

ToranceSim good job for your relay man😂😂you got 2nd and that is dayum good👍🏻Unfortunately Asher caught up at the end😅😂😂good run though :)

***
The moon had came out, casting its glow on earth as it hung brightly in the sky. It was a crescent moon today, against the dark gloomy sky. Millions of stars dotted the rest of the galaxy, twinkling brightly. Glancing at my watch, it read 10.58pm, 24 February.

I made my way to the balcony, smile tugging slightly at my lips at the sight of my brothers backview. Sliding open the transparent glass sliding door, I stepped into the balcony softly before sliding the door back behind me.

Jared slowly turned around, a miserable expression written on his face. "Dayum sis, my heart is just like the moon.... Dang it."

Confusion flooded me as I arched an eyebrow at him. "It's got only half of it. It's kinda broken." Jared continued his sentence as he clutched his chest dramatically, sticking out his tongue as he feign death.

I bit my lip as I placed an arm around my brother. Mind whirling, I tried to think of something comforting to say. I knew that kind of feeling he was feeling and... And I had to say it pretty much sucked.

Stroking his hair, I pulled him closer as I said, "I know how it feels... I'm sure all of us have been through that kind of feeling... The thought that the other person never saw you as anything more than a friend seriously sucks..."

Well, maybe in the end, we were all just human drunk on the idea that love, only love could heal.

Sobs could be heard from my brother as he buried his head in my chest. Dampness from his tears could be felt on my skin through my clothes, making my heart stab and weep for him.

"How did you know come to know Abigail? How long has it been already?" I asked Jared gently, trying to find out more information before I could take the next step to help him.

"We were in the same cell... Sometimes, when the bad guys were asleep, we would have mini conversations. She was only put into the same cell as me since last year June. So, it's been 8 months with her so far I guess..." Jared explained in between sobs, making me hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." I trailed off, realizing my statement wasn't very comforting. "I guess this is not gonna be the first time you will experience this kind of feeling from a heartbreak and I'm gonna teach you how to deal with it... I know I sound horrible at the moment but I'm just trying to help you..."

There was silence as Jared nodded his head, pulling away from my hug as he looked into my eyes. "So...?"

I bit my lip.

Loving someone is like giving them a gun pointed at you and trusting that they won't pull the trigger.

"Um, so firstly, you have to understand that you are in this current situation temporarily only. Then, if you've made up your mind to get over her, preoccupy your mind with something else. Don't think about her. Go spend time with other friends. That is one way. There is another." I said, feeling like slapping myself internally for sounding like a love expert.

Again.

"What's the other way?" Jared asked, biting his lip. "I don't think I can let her go that easily sis. She means hell lot to me."

"The other way is..." I said softly, chewing my bottom lip. "Don't give up on her. When she's sad, hug her. When's she's happy, rejoice with her. When she's feeling lost, encourage her. Go through not only good times, but also hard times with her. Create unforgettable memories. Those that would stay with you two even if you guys are millions of miles away from each other. "

There was silence again as Jared slowly digested what I've just told him. Nodding, he looked at me again, as if willing for me to say something more.

"Keep trying, don't ever give up. If she still doesn't see it, give her subtle hints. Don't tell her straight in the face that you like her lest it ruins your friendship." I said, giving him an encouraging smile.

"Oh yeah, and just a tiny tip, we girls like protective guys." I winked, trying to diffuse the sadness my brother was feeling.

A tiny grin tugged at the corners of his lips as he nodded. "Thanks sis." He said, wiping away the leftover tears in his eyes.

"No problem." I smiled back, glad that I could help my brother.

"Some secret meeting going on?" A tired voice could be heard as yawn filled our ears.

We spun around to see Adam, arching his eyebrow at us as he leaned against the sliding door. A frown filled my face as a smirk could be heard from Jared. "I'll leave you guys alone. Hehe."

Jared took his leave as he hopped away happily, giving me a wink when Adam wasn't looking, making me roll my eyes.

"So..." I started, trying to diffuse the awkward silence between us.

"Chill Cookie Monster. The way you tense up when you see me is seriously amusing." Adam rolled his eyes as he stopped leaning against the door, giving me a smirk which sent my heart slamming against my chest furiously.

I wasn't gonna deny.

"Hey..." Adam said softly as he used his fingers to cup my chin, gently tilting it up such that my eyes met his. His eyes softened as he looked at me, sending butterflies crashing inside my stomach walls as a nervous smile crept onto my face.

"Yeah?" I asked, eyes not leaving his as my heart continued thumping rapidly inside my chest. I tried to tear my gaze from him lest I do something stupid but it was in vain. My eyes were tightly locked with his, sending nervous shivers down my spine.

"You do know that in two days time we are flying back right?" Adam said, eyes not leaving mine either.

I nodded, confused why he would bring up that topic. He nodded back, letting a mischievous grin flood his face, adding on to my confusion.

"You're so oblivious." Adam muttered under his breath as he smiled to himself, embracing me in a hug.

What does that mean?

***
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

YAYY SUSPENSE AT THE END😏😉

Please VOTE & COMMENT :) thx!