Chapter 25 | Sacrifice

"You deserve to be with someone who looks at you every single day like they've won the lottery" -ig post💓

This chapter is dedicated to clockfroth & NightMafia13 for voting :)

Listen to Lovin' So Hard by Becky G💖

***
I opened my eyes slowly, stunned that I was still breathing. No pain. No bullet.

I checked myself, ensuring that the pain wasn't just numbed. Brushing my fingers across my limbs, I heaved a short sigh of relief, feeling my legs under my skin. Mind flashing across what had nearly killed me, I bit my lip in worry as I turned around slowly to face my predator- Boss Jimmy.

Heart slamming against my chest, my eyes immediately widened as my head began to scream at me seemingly continuously. Mixed emotions began swirling around my heart, making feel sadness, anger and fear aching in my chest all at once.

Adam.

He was lying above Boss Jimmy, holding him fixed on the ground with his slightly trembling hands. Scanning him quickly, I noticed red liquid trickling down his arm, making my eyebrows furrow in concentration. My eyes then zoomed in on the blood-stain on his right shoulder, sending waves of horror riding me in waves.

The shot.

Adam had taken the bullet for me.

And now, he was the one who was injured.

Bloody heck.

Running over to him, I knelt down on the floor beside him anxiously. I heard myself screamed worriedly, "Look at me Adam, what's your condition like? Do you think you can hold on?" I felt my body tremble sightly as I looked into his soft eyes with my panicky ones. Not waiting for a reply, I used my fingers to slide up his sleeve gently to check on his wound, not wanting to hurt him further.

A red patch of blood could be seen on his shirt above his shoulder, soaking and clinging tightly onto his arm. I heard myself softly muttering for him to be okay as tears welled up in my eyes. It was quite a deep wound and I knew we needed help as soon as possible.

I cast a quick glance at Adam worriedly, only to gain a weak smile from him as he nodded his head, only to make the ache in my heart stab me further. He then gestured to the gun in his hand that he had stolen from Boss Jimmy, signaling for me to kill Boss Jimmy. To end this once and for all.

I bit my lip as I stared at the gun, hesitating for a while before receiving the gun from him with shaky hands.

My mind then flashes through all the things Boss Jimmy had done. He had killed my parents. He had nearly taken my life. He had injured Adam, who even took the bullet to save me. 

These thoughts stirred anger in my mind as I aimed the gun at Boss Jimmy's head. Despite him being our Boss, all he ever did was order us around, never bothering to train himself up.

Well, see the mess you've gotten yourself into Boss Jimmy?

Good luck.

"Go to hell Jimmy." I whispered angrily at Boss Jimmy, releasing the trigger as I shut my eyes, hearing the loud bang fill my ears. Silence was all around us as I felt myself breathing hard as my gaze fell on Adam once again. I felt Adam place his left hand over mine as he squeezed it tightly, giving me a reassuring nod.

Everything was gonna be okay.

Or so I thought.

"Attack against your boss is not allowed. Disciplinary actions will be taken." A voice cut through the silence as we slowly turned around to face the man who was previously at the tree.

My gaze fell back on our siblings before proceeding to scan our vicinity, aware that there was no one else in the forest besides us. Turning my focus back on the man, I glared hard at him. Whatever just came out from his mouth was directly from the rules that Boss Jimmy told us since day 1.

This guy was bloody dense.

Growling, my heart thumped furiously against my chest as I held my breath, worried that this was gonna be end of us. This man was most probably trained since young as well... And this wasn't gonna be easy.

Just then, I felt Adam gently shove me behind him protectively as I felt his breathing becoming seemingly strained as time passed. More blood had formed on his shoulder as his shirt seems soaked, making my heart ache even further.

"If it seriously pleasures you just killing people, please don't kill her. Kill me." He said, keeping his voice steady as he narrowed his sharp eyes on the man, giving him a cold, hard glare.

Taken aback, I stood there stunned as we faced the man. The man arched his eyebrow, tightening his grip around his gun as an evil grin spread across his face, making anger and resentment stir within me. I urged my mind to think, to think of a way to get us out of this situation. Desperate, I clutched my head, closing my eyes shortly to think before opening them harshly.

"As you wish my dear Adam." The man snarled evilly as he walked towards us with big strides, brushing his fingers casually against the gun as he tapped on it rhythmically.

No way in hell was I gonna let him harm Adam.

Taking in ragged breaths, I let instinct take over. After years of practice, I had learnt that instinct was a good companion in fighting. Trigger? Doubles the effect.

In this situation, there was nothing else I wanted more than to protect Adam. I wanted to get him to the nearest clinic as quick as possible. I wanted him to be safe and unharmed. I didn't want to lose him, lose him in this bloody war zone.

Getting on my feet, I knew speed and agility was the key. Time, it decides who gets to strike first. Time, it decides who gets to survive. Time, it decides who wins and who loses. All you had to do was grasp time, utilize it fully and act quick.

And I, was good at them.

***
Y a y ! Hope you liked this chp😊

I racked my brains so hard to write this particular chapter and I have no idea why😂

Action scenes for the next chp😉

And aww😢Adam's protectiveness when the man wanted to kill Emma is so sweet😭😭

[ Adamcheng321 must like that ^^^ ahh😏jkjk🌚😂😂 ]

Please vote and comment! :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~