Curves and Burns

Prolougue [1]

Lovely

Where do I start, well I'm Lovely. Love to some cause I hate telling people my full name. I'm from the streets of Detroit, Michigan to be exact born and raised on the westside. Although people think Detroit is all bad, it's not. I mean yeah it has it's bad days but overall everyone there got mad love for the D.

I'm different than most girls though, I don't think I was born in the right time frame. For starters I'm pro black, so yeah a sista got all natural brown hair that falls to the middle of my back. 4'11 is my height and if it wasn't for the fact of my muffin top or cellulite I would love my height. And my body, good lord my body. It can use some work but with age I'm starting to feel comfortable in my skin. I mean it's not like I'm fat as hell, but a tread mill could help. Blessed with thick thighs, D cup chest, a nice ass, with a chunky stomach and fat arms. Ughhh why couldn't I magically lose about 25 pounds.

I'm a senior in high school, 17 and ready to graduate fast. I'm sick of school everyone seems to be living and I'm stuck as a lame. I mean I'm not totally lame but my social life can use some work. Their is only about two people in my circle Emani, and Ted my two favorite people in the world.

I met them back in junior high, during my really low times. Sierra was a tom boy with a big mouth and a good heart. We met when that ugly hoe Emani tried to tease me about my size and how I had a speech impediment. Emani kept irritating the fuck out of me and if it wasnt for my mom telling me to keep my head high and to never let them see you sweat. I would have been in tears or running away to go hide. Sierra saw how Emani was torturing me and told her to shut the fuck up before she make her eat those words. They argued for a few before Sierra went in her shit. Obviously Sierra won that fight. I thanked her and every since then we been each others day ones.

Teddy a.k.a. cute ass Teddy. Sierra and I met Ted at one of the schools charity basketball games our last year of junior high. Ted was real fine, he almost put you in the mind of Derrick Rose. At 13 he was already 5'10, curly black hair, smooth carmel skin, with a sexy smile that could melt any girls heart. After the game I noticed how Ted kept making eye contact with me, I thought it was crazy until he actually walked up to me. He asked my name, number, and to possibly be my man. I know that all sounds surprising, I was in a state of shock. We ended up becoming real close friends and later being in a short relationship that lasted all of a month. Although we broke up Ted still remained my close friend and sometimes I find myself thinking about his fine ass, but for now he is just my other day one.

These two keep me sane and help make it through these rough as teenage years I just wished that maybe I had a boyfriend or could be a little popular. But its cool no one ever notices Lovely Brown.

***"Emani and Sierra characters got switched sorry for the confusion. IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS STORY CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES LIKE CREAM AND DISTANCE I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THEM BOTH.

Cream and Distance are both urban books that will keep on edge!!! You can find them on my page

KEEP CALM AND READ ON***