ten;

the truth

x

I stormed into my parents house, not even caring how loud I was being when I slammed the front door shut.

"Nicole!" I called, looking upstairs. "Get your ass down here now!"

Brie came rushing over from the living room. "Dani! Why are you shouting for?"

"Where's Nicole?!" I asked her as she led me to the kitchen table.

"She's having a shower. Just calm down, and tell me what's going on." Brie said as she sat down next to me.

I took a deep breath. "Colby approached me after my photoshoot. He told me he liked me, but he completely turned and said that Nicole told him that I like Fergal. He said that I led him on by making him think I liked him. I humiliated him, and I feel so, so bad."

Brie didn't say anything at first, we just sat in silence as everything processed in our minds.

"I don't know what to say," she said in disbelief. "That's not like Nicole to do something like that; something must of really ticked her off."

"Whatever is going on in her head right now gives her no right to lie behind my back." I said, shaking my head. My anger was replaced by disbelief as I finally came to terms with this whole situation.

"What you need to do is confront Nikki. If you want, I'll stay with you and keep you calm."

I smiled. "Thanks Breezy." I hugged her before walking into the living room to join my parents.

"Hey Dan," my dad greeted as we sat down. "You ok? I heard shouting in the foyer."

"Dani's fine," Brie said quickly. "But she needs to talk to Nicole, so when she comes downstairs you might wanna give us some space."

"What happened between you two?" My mom asked, turning to face me.

"It's nothing." I said, looking down at my hands; something I do when I want to avoid a topic of conversation.

We heard footsteps coming down the stairs, causing me to tense up slightly. Brie motioned for my parents to leave the room, and they did so obediently.

I heard hushed whispers out in the foyer, followed by Nicole walking in.

"Mom told me that you two want to talk to me, so I'm all yours." She said as she sat down next to me.

"Colby told me what you said." I said, facing Nikki. Her face drained from colour as she bit her lip and looked down.

"Why would you do that Nicole? Going behind your own flesh and bloods back to tell lies is really shallow." Brie said.

Nicole sighed. "I'm sorry Dani. I really am."

"I accept your apology," I reassured her. "But I need to know why you done that. If I made you angry in any way, we need to resolve it."

"I thought you were mad at me still this morning, when you walked out the house. I got so frustrated because I was going to apologise to you. Instead I called Colby and told him everything, I don't know why I did; I must of been so blinded with rage. I know it's a lousy excuse, but I really am sorry."

I stood up and hugged her tight. "It's ok Nikki," I whispered. "Can you text Colby and clear everything up with him? He's still upset."

"Yeah, I will." She said as I pulled away. I smiled, knowing that all the problems we've had is now cleared up. Now I can finally relax and enjoy the last night with my sisters before they fly out to see Bryan and John.

I took a quick shower to rinse off and wash my hair. Once I was dried off I threw on some comfy pyjamas and blow dried my hair.

I was about to get into bed until I got a text. Squinting at the bright light, I unlocked my phone to check.

From: Mercy👸🏽💜

Hey girl! You wanna head out tomorrow with me and Ferg after filming with Austin? We can go shopping, and maybe have a girly sleepover afterwards? Xxx

To: Mercy👸🏽💜

Sure! Excited to see you tomorrow :) xxxx

I locked my phone and put it back on charge again. I smiled at the thought of having other female company other than my mom and sisters, as much as I love them. I trust Mercy a lot as she's one of my closest friends, so I'll know I can tell her what's been going on.