thirty;

don't give him up

x

The next day, I woke up early to start getting ready for mine and Colby's lunch outing. My alarm went off at 9, then I had a shower and a quick breakfast before face-timing Brie.

"Hey Breezy." I grinned, setting my phone up against my mirror on my vanity.

"Dan-Dan," she greeted in return. "What you getting yourself dolled up for?"

"Well, I'm meeting Colby in about 2 hours, but apart from that everything's good-"

"Wait what?" Brie exclaimed, holding her phone closer to her face. "Why are you meeting him for?"

"For a lunch... outing?" It came out more like a question, but I knew if I said date Brie would come to my house and murder me, even if she's 8 months pregnant.

Not that this was a date. Maybe to Colby it was, but not to me.

Brie scoffed. "An outing? Really? We all know that Colby has had a thing for you since you and him ended things. Now he wants you back in his pants again!"

"Brie!" I exclaimed as she laughed uncontrollably. "Ok, first of all, me and Colby going out as friends. Second of all, I was never in his pants in the first place. Calm down."

"Ok, sorry." She said, stifling her laughter. She paused for a minute. "I've been acting really delirious lately. Even Bryan said."

"Pregnancy happiness, that's what it is." I grinned, putting on my foundation. I still couldn't believe that I was going to be an auntie. It hasn't quite sunken in that Brie was ready to give birth any minute. I hopefully could make Birdies birth, but my schedules so busy I'm not sure if I can.

"Ah, I'm so excited to finally give birth! I feel like I've been pregnant for an eternity." She exclaimed, showing me her huge baby bump. She brought the camera back up to her face, and sighed.

"Y'know Dani, I know you're going out with Colby today, but I can't help but be concerned." She said sternly. I set my powder brush down and frowned.

"What do you thinks gonna happen?" I asked, leaning forward and crossing my arms.

"Please don't give him up." Brie said after a moments pause. I frowned, cocking an eyebrow, not sure what Brie meant.

"Fergal. Please don't give him up," she repeated. "You made each other so happy. I haven't known him for too long, but the effect you had on him was and still is evident."

I looked down at my lap, sadness filling up inside of me. A part of me will always love him, no matter, but seeing him like this is something I'm not used to completely. Normally I wouldn't think twice about going up to him backstage, but now, as soon as I see him I walk away. I told him we can be friends, but I'm starting to have second thoughts; every time I make eye contact every memory comes rushing back- our late night movie marathons, cuddles in bed, training together, our inside jokes, all up to when I broke up with him.

"I still miss him, y'know. I could never stop loving and caring for him. But it's hard, seeing him all the time. This past year has been nothing but crap, but no one could replace what we had. Not Colby, not anyone." I said eventually. I looked up to see Brie smiling sadly.