thirty-seven;

I mean it

X
Monday Night Raw

I waited for my cue to walk out the curtain as I watched on the monitor as Sasha made her entrance. She sashayed confidently to the ring, hopping up onto the apron and climbing into the ring.

I adjusted my title on my shoulder and looked patiently at the backstage crew for my cue. Tonight was a fatal five-way for a championship match at Great Balls of Fire, and I was set to join commentary.

As I was given the thumbs up, the first few chords of my entrance song played through the arena. I got a mixed reaction as I walked out, hand on my title as I walked over to the commentary table.

I was greeted as I placed the headset on my ears and took a seat in one of the chairs.

"Dani, we know so far that you've had a successful reign as Raw Women's Champion, but does it not worry you that there is a women in that ring who could potentially beat you at Great Balls of Fire for your title?" Micheal Cole asked as I watched the monitor carefully.

"Absolutely not," I reply quickly. "I'll take on any competition to my title, because I have no fear. I've been here for almost 8 years, and every night I've proved to not only myself but to everyone around me that I deserve to be a champion. Now that I'm at the top, do you really think I'm gonna let my title that I worked so hard to get just slip through my hands to one of these clowns?"

"Fair points you make, Dani, but let's not forget that we have a 3x Women's Champion in that ring, Sasha Banks-"

"And you think she scares me?" I laughed. "Please, Sasha couldn't defend a title even if she tried. I'm not bothered about her."

I watch for the remainder of the match, answering a few more questions with Vince in my ear telling me what and what not to say. As the match finished and Sasha was declared the winner, I threw my headset down and walked down the ramp.

I clapped slowly as Sasha's music faded out. Climbing into the ring, I was handed a mic by one of the ringside staff.

"Congrats on the win, Sasha. Seriously, I was really hoping you'd win tonight. I'm glad you have."

I let the audience get there applause in, as Sasha looked confused.

"I've noticed that you come out here a lot, and you say the same thing each time. You say that you're a 'boss', and that you deserve to be the champion and represent our division. And I get the fact that you want to please the remainder of your seven year old fans, but the rest of us? We're not buying it anymore sweetheart."

The audience cheered slightly, whilst Sasha looked on in disbelief. I grinned.

"That's right, Sasha. Your days with this ongoing façade of you being the best female superstar are numbered, because as long as I'm champion, you'll just have to deal with the fact that you're only gonna be 'second best'."

I raised my title in the air before propping it back on my shoulder. The WWE Universe cheered on.

"So enjoy this moment whilst it lasts, and bask in this glory that you have in this ring. But the moment you step through those curtains, you'll go back to being a wannabe who so desperately wants to be me. Newsflash, sweetie: you never, ever will be. I'm faster, I'm tougher, I'm meaner. I've got style, I've got the attitude, and I don't waste my time when I'm wrestling trying to win the crowd over. I come out here every night and I put on a good show simply because I can. You scratch and you claw and you have to fight to stay at the top, but let's be real, all your doing is weighing yourself down. You want to be at the top of this mountain? I'm not sure your ego can take it."