thirteen;

you look beautiful

x

"What about this dress?" Mercedes asked as she held up what felt like the 50th dress. She had dragged me out of bed this morning to go shopping for my date with Colby tonight. I had barely slept at all last just thinking about it, so you can imagine what I was like this morning.

I glanced at the baby pink dress and shrugged. Mercedes sighed and put the dress back on the rack before putting her hands on her hips.

"Dani if you want to make a good impression on Colby then you have to look like you put effort in! And shrugging your shoulders everytime I show you a dress isn't going to help."

I stood up reluctantly. knowing that she was right. I walked to the dress rack and began browsing through. There was some nice dresses there, but none of them appealed to me and my style.

"There's nothing here that I like Mercy! Lets just go home." I pleaded. putting my bag over my shoulder.

"So you're just gonna show up to the date in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt?" She asked, annoyance lacing her voice. I nodded, because I knew I was pissing her off. Ah, I love torturing people.

Just kidding.

She huffed and walked over to the next rack of dresses. I stood a few feet away on my phone until I heard Mercy gasp, making me look up.

She was looking at a beautiful burgundy wrap dress with, what looked like, a small cut out in the middle. I admired it, and Mercy saw that also.

"Good. you finally like something! Let's go to the dressing room so you can try it on." Before I could say anything, she was already dragging me along to the dressing rooms.

Once we found an empty stall she shoved me in there and handed me the dress. "I'll wait out here for you."

She shut the door. and I knew I had no choice. I took off my clothes I was already wearing and slipped the dress on. There was no mirror in the cubicle. so I stepped outside to show Mercy.

She gasped when she saw me, and started to jump up and down. "You look amazing Dani! Colby's going to fall in love with you even more wearing that!!"

I swear she's more excited than me about this date.

Well, that's a lie. I was excited to say the least. It's not like I get asked out often by cute guys but there's something about Colby that whenever I see him I get butterflys, and when his brown orbs meet mine I can't help but smile and blush profusely.

I payed for the dress once I took it off, as well as a pair of nude heels I picked up as well. I offered to drive us back, seeing as Mercy dropped us off, and she let me. Along the way we sang along to the songs on the radio, and just joked around in general.

We were both in fits of laughter once we got inside. Fergal was lounged out on the sofa, watching some sports programme on the TV.

"What are you two girlys laughing about?" He grinned as he walked over, hugging Mercy.

"Her Christina Aguileria impression is on point. Isn't it Mercy?" I said, laughing more at the moment she attempted to hit one of her high notes. By this point I was in tears of laughter, as was Mercy.