thirty-four;

awkward

x
Monday Night Raw

"Thank you ladies, you killed it as always." I said to the glam team, taking one last look in the mirror before grabbing my championship and slinging it over my shoulder.

I took a quick glance in a full length mirror on my way to gorilla to take a look at my new ring gear. Vince apparently said that he wanted something "more badass" and "heel-looking" for me, so Sandra put together this outfit. The top was embellished with gems all over it, and my jersey shorts were the same as Nikki's with fishnet tights and the classic Bella-red Nike's.

"Damn," I heard Savelina say from behind me. "looking like a snack tonight!"

I laughed and walked with her over to gorilla. I could see Lexie's hair from all the way down the hall.

"Hey champ," she said, giving me a quick hug. "diggin' the new look."

"Thanks, apparently Vince wanted a more 'heel look' for me so Sandra and the glam team done this for me." I fiddled with the braid in my hair, waiting for my match against Lex to come.

I could tell that everyone's eyes was on me as people walked back and forth out of gorilla. I could tell from the low wolf whistles and Lexie and Lina's death stares.

"She's out of your league, boy." Lina said at one point, glancing behind me. I laughed, and readjusted my title.

"It's not a big deal, girls." I tried saying for the millionth time, but they wouldn't listen.

"No, it is," Lexie said. "Who do these guys think they are, staring at you like your theirs? It's disgusting."

"I'm not with anyone anyway." I said, a wave of sadness suddenly washing over me. I knew in my heart that I should still be with Fergal, but apparently I can't always wish for good things in this world.

I hopped up onto one of the production crates and took Lexie's water. I had a few sips before putting it back down and glancing around the crowded space.

My eyes landed on TJ, standing across the room. He was completely distracted by the current match going on, but I knew any moment he would snap out of that and start witch-hunting for me again.

"Oh god Lex, stand here quick." I said, moving her in front of me and crouching behind her.

"What are you doi-oh." Her shoulders relaxed, and she crossed her arms. I stayed like that until he walked out of gorilla eventually.

I breathed a sigh of relief, and emerged from behind her. I felt myself bump into someone as I moved back around.

"Sorry." I said, turning back around to see who it was.

Fergal stood there, looking down at me with tape in his hands. He looked me up and down for a moment, before smiling and mumbling "it's ok" before walking over to the monitor.

After all this time, his startlingly bright blue eyes still had he same effect on me: I stood there for what felt like forever, and finally turned around to see Lexie and Lina's eyebrows raised.