twenty-five;

a new life

x
Finns POV
3 months later

Life hasn't been normal since what I had done. Straight after being kicked out of Dani's house I went home and called my good friend Rami (Sami Zayn) and confided in him for advice. He told me to take time off work for a few weeks and to clear my head. To go back to Ireland and visit my parents who I hadn't seen in so long. I did just that, taking a few weeks off from NXT and booked the next flight out to Ireland.

The flight was around 8 hours. Enough time to think about what I'd done. In the span of ten minutes I had lost one of the most important people in my life. Someone who I knew I could trust and someone who loved me for who I am. Hearing what she said before I left broke me. She said she was always the one to get the short end of the stick. Always thrown under the bus. Dani didn't deserve any of this.

I got a taxi from the airport to Bray, back to my parents house. I took my phone off airplane mode in the taxi and called Mercedes straight away. A few rings, and she picked up.

Hey! What's up?

H-hey. Um, we-we can't do this anymore, I'm sorry.

What? Why?

Dani found out. I've just landed back in Ireland to take some time off work, and-I'm a mess, Mercy. Because of us. What we done.

I could only hear her breathing heavily down the phone. Rain started to fall as we drove past countryside's, making everything look grey and bleak.

I-I don't know what to say to you right now.

You don't need to say anything, Mercy. Whatever we had now, its over.

She stayed silent before hanging up. I felt like an even bigger asshole now. I knew it was all my fault, and what I had done is practically un-forgivable. I had to face the consequences now.

I slouched back in the seat at the back of the taxi cab, and buried my head in my hands. The only person I can now really rely on is Rami. If he still wants to be my friend, that is.

"You ok there lass?" I heard the taxi driver say. I sat up and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Yeah, I'm grand." I said, smiling. He looked at me through the rear view mirror and raised his eyebrows.

"I know its none of my business," he said, his Irish accent strong. "but I couldn't help but hear your conversation back there. You ended it with ya' misses?"

I sighed. "Not exactly. Well I did but, its all very complicated. She was never really my girlfriend. She used to be, but then we broke up, found someone I loved more and I somehow ended up going with her again."

He nodded. "Looks like a bit of a dilemma you got there. Did the other girl find out?"

I was reluctant to respond at first, but I nodded anyway. Something told me that I should just tell this random taxi driver about everything that's happened.

He sighed sadly. "Love can be such a pain sometimes. One minute you're on cloud nine and the next you lose it all. I've been in a lot of situations like you, mate. You just have to go with what your heart says. Take some time away from it all, relax, clear your mind, and when you're ready, confront her. Tell her how you feel."

I smiled slightly at this mans wisdom. He looked about 54-55, large build with a few grey hairs showing. Something about the look in his eyes, and the way he spoke told me that he had been there and done that. Even though I didn't know him, I almost felt a connection with him. Like I had known him for years. He wasn't perfect when it came to love, but he had learnt from his mistakes. That's the most important thing.

"Have you been in a similar situation?" I asked him.

"I have been in your exact situation lass," he said. "I loved a girl called Molly. She was great, really, but one of her friends moved into town. Bianca O'Sullivan. She was a right gem, beautiful, intelligent, and we had so much in common. I ended everything with Molly just to be with her. It was great, but I still found myself at Molly's doorstep. I ended up cheating on Bianca, and it was the worst decision I'd ever made. I left everything and moved to the UK for a while, cleared my head. Talked to old friends. Lived my life without any girl drama. I moved back here, talked to her, and we got married 16 years ago."

I raised my eyebrows, and smiled. "That's amazing, really." I said.

"Yup," he said, grinning. "just remember that everything will work out in the end. If it was meant to be, then its no question you will be ok."

We pulled up outside my parents house, and for the first time, I didn't want to be here. I wanted to stay in this taxi and drive around for hours learning more about this mans life. He turned around to look at me, and smiled.

"No matter what direction lifes take you, no matter how many women you meet, no matter how much you convince yourself that you've moved on, it will always be her. Always."

I thanked him and gave him a large tip as he helped me take my bags out. I shook his hand before he got back in the taxi and drove away. I saw a complete new outlook on this situation now. Everyone will make mistakes in life. No one can be perfect. I went from feeling so alone and desolate to feeling confident and happy, knowing that once I take this time to sort my life out, I'll go back with a fresh mind, fresh life and a new me.

I rang the doorbell, and as I was waiting, I called Rami. He answered after three rings.

Hey, you ok?

Rami, you will never guess what just happened. A taxi driver just changed my life..