forty;

A/N

Honestly I hate myself too for not updating for so long, I've literally had this book planned and finished for so long now ugh

I'm not even going to use excuses to get out of this, just know that I got a laptop for Christmas which is a lot nicer to write on, so hopefully this book will finish soon? I can't promise anything but I'll try my hardest.

This chapter contains a lot of swearing btw, more than usual.

I'll always be here

X

Barclays Arena, Summerslam

1 month later

I was met with applause as I walked back through the curtain. I thanked everyone, wiping sweat from my forehead as I watched Mercy holding the Raw Women's Championship in the air.

After a long fought match, it was scheduled for Mercedes to win. I wasn't angry, as I knew that I had a good run as champion and she deserved it. I grinned as I watched her celebration on the monitor, the cheers of the WWE Universe echoing around the arena.

I waited until she walked through the curtain to embrace her. She was sweaty, but that's what you expect after wrestling for 15 minutes.

"So proud of you, Mercy," I said, kissing her on the cheek before giving her one last squeeze. She smiled and adjusted the title on her shoulder.

She opened her mouth to say something, but instead let out a squeal as she glanced behind me. Her eyes widened with excitement as she held her arms out in front of her.

"Baby!" She exclaimed, rushing over to whatever it was behind me. Frowning, I turned around to be met by my sisters- and my 3-month- year-old niece, Birdie.

Brie and Mercedes immediately delved into a conversation, cooing over the baby and discussing the match we just had. I shook my head and grinned before turning to Nicole.

"Amazing match, Dan," She said, pulling me in for a hug. "I can't get over how talented you are in the ring."

I smiled and whispered a "thank you" before turning to Brie. I hugged her gently, careful not to disturb Birdie.

"She stayed awake during the whole match," Brie said, rocking her gently in her arms. "she wanted to see her auntie kick some ass."

I cooed and stroke her soft cheek. Her blue eyes shone brightly under the gorilla lights. "She slept so much on the way here," Nikki said. "I was surprised she didn't start crying because she wanted a nap."

"Precious girl," I said, kissing her forehead and glancing at Brie. "Can I hold her? Maybe show her around to everyone?"

"She's already met all the girls, but yeah, of course." She said before placing her gently in my arms.

I spoke softly to her as myself, Birdie and Mercy made our way over to catering. Everyone sat there, some eating whilst others waited for the next match to start.

"There they are." Mercy said as she pointed to one of the tables. I looked over to see the New Day and a few others gathered around the food table. They noticed us standing there, and beckoned us over.