nineteen;

what are boyfriends for?

x

The following morning, I woke up early due to back aches. I slowly unpicked Fergals arms off of me and tip-toed to the bathroom to sort myself out. Once finished, I went into the kitchen and began making breakfast. As I knew Fergal loved pancakes, I thought it would be nice if I made some for us.

As I layed out the table, I looked over at Fergal snuggled into my blanket. I definitely have strong feelings for him, I thought. I'm hoping we have a future together, which may sound surprising, but have you ever had someone come into your life unexpectedly and somehow change everything? That's the effect Fergal had on me, because if Mercy had never introduced us I wouldn't know him today.

Mercy. What would she think if me and Fergal started seeing each other? Would she be okay with it? It's been reported that her and Colby are seeing each other, making it ok for me to see Fergal.

I scraped the pancakes out of the pan and layed them on plates. I put a dash of sugar on top, as well as some Nutella, and poured some orange juice into glasses.

Fergal started to stir as I finished putting the plates on the table. I walked over and shook his shoulder gently.

"I made pancakes." I said quietly. One eye opened, and he slowly started to stand.

"Morning sleepy." I grinned, sitting down at the table. He came over to me and ruffled my hair.

"Mornin' love," he said. My heart skipped a beat at the word 'love'. "Thank you for breakfast."

"My treat." I said, starting to tuck in. We ate in silence, eating the pancake piece by piece. It was only when we finished that we talked.

"Those are one of the best pancakes I've ever had." He said, drinking some orange juice.

"People say I have a talent in making pancakes." I smiled. He returned the smile, and stretched.

"So, what do you want to do today?" He asked. I thought for a second.

"I don't wanna be stuck indoors all day. Do you wanna go shopping or something?" I asked. He shrugged and stood up, taking his plate and glass. "Whatever you want to do, I don't mind."

I quickly took my plates and rushed over to him, trying to grab the plate out of his hands. He grinned and ran into the kitchen.

"Fergal! I'll do the washing up, you get ready." I said, trying to push him out the way.

"I'll do it, it's what really gentlemen do." He persisted as he poured a bunch of washing up liquid into the sink.

"You're my guest, it's my job to do this!" I protested, barging him out the way finally. He looked at me, then reached into the sink, grabbed a bunch of soap suds and smashed it onto my nose.

I laughed, and wiped it off before reaching in and wiping it all on his face. He splashed water in my face, blinding me for a few seconds. He kept on wiping soap suds on me, whilst I waved my hands around, trying to find something to throw at him.

"Fergal, stop!" I said through fits of laughter. He eventually subsided, his laughter filling the apartment.

I looked in the mirror, to find I was covered in soap from head to toe. I burst into laughter again.