thirty-five;

it's not what it looks like

x

I pulled up in an empty parking space and stopped my car. I pulled my mirror down in front of me to recheck my appearance. I just finished my early gym session, and didn't want to look like a sweaty mess.

I pulled my keys out the ignition and grabbed my gym bag before stepping out the car and locking it. I pulled at my ponytail to make it tighter, and walked across the parking lot towards my local Starbucks.

It was a hot day in Tampa, hotter than usual. Everybody cruised the pavements, some tourists stopping to take pictures whilst others illegally skateboarded on the road. I admired these things before opening the cafe door.

Surprisingly it was quite busy, but seeing as it was a hot day it made sense for people to be here. I waited behind the 5-6 people in front of me and went on my phone.

I liked a picture of Brie and Birdie on my Instagram timeline, and commented:

I love being an aunt❤️#betterauntthannicole #donttellherisaidthat 😉

I chuckled at the responses I got, and liked a few before putting my phone back in my bag. As I got closer to the counter, I took my wallet out and looked for a cold drink on the menu.

I ordered the peach green tea lemonade instead of my regular coffee because it was so hot outside, and waited on the other side of the counter for my drink.

I must have zoned out for a while, as the bell above the door startled me. I looked over to see the person I didn't really want to see right now because of my sweaty no-makeup appearance:

Fergal.

He must of been at the gym as well, as he was wearing his shorts he wears after he works out and a white tee. He walked over to the counter to order, which has to be opposite where I was standing.

I looked away quickly, pretending to look at some artwork on the walls. I shuffled awkwardly, and slyly looked up to see what he was doing. Luckily he was on his phone.

I saw a barista finishing off my drink, and before I knew it, they placed it on the counter and yelled:

"Peach green tea lemonade for Danielle?"

I internally groaned as everyone looked over at me. I thanked her, and accident made eye contact with Fergal. He looked as if he was going to say something, but being the idiot I was, I grabbed a straw and rushed off.

I slid into an empty booth, and put my stuff down before face palming. What was I thinking?

I took the straw out of its wrapper and took small sips of my drink. It took a few sips for the flavour to kick in, and I decided I didn't like it at all.

I took my phone out, grimacing at the taste, to find a text from Nicole:

From: Nicole👯‍♀️
Screenshot attached.
What is this?!?!

She had screenshotted and sent me my comment on Bries post. I smiled and sent back a laughing emoji before locking my phone and putting it in my bag. I took another small sip of my drink because I was thirsty, but I didn't end up finishing it and put it in the bin.