twenty-four;

it all makes sense

x
1 week later

The following Smackdown, after Wrestlemania, I suffered a pretty bad concussion in a match against Charlotte. I was scheduled to win, but after Charlotte would attack me. She would throw me into the barricade and doing so, I went head-first. I remember holding my head in pain, the ref coming over to check on me, before blacking out. I woke up in the trainers room, lying on a bed with a wet flannel on my head.

"Ah, you're awake." Mike said, one of the medical staff. I tried to sit up, but it felt like a tonne of bricks were balanced on my head, resulting in the room spinning. I groaned, and slumped back down.

"I'd take it easy if I were you," He told me, walking over. "you suffered a pretty bad concussion. You've been out for about 5 minutes. It may not seem long, but you were still out when the medical staff stretchered you backstage."

He helped me up, sitting up ever so slowly. I slung my legs round and stood up precariously. "I'm fine, see?" I said, beginning to walk in what I thought was a straight line.

Mike scoffed. "You practically walked in a circle. No in-ring action for about two weeks. That includes live events."

"Are you joking?" I asked, exasperated. "I've been busting my ass this past few months to get a title shot, now I'm being sidelined because of a small concussion?"

He sighed. "You can go argue with Corrano if you think that. He saw what happened, as well as everyone else."

I sighed, knowing that Corrano would tell me the exact same. I thanked Mike, before walking out. I saw Nikki standing outside the Female Talent locker room.

"Jeez sis, you ok?" She asked, coming over to hug me.

"Of course I am, otherwise I wouldn't be here." I grinned, pulling apart. I sighed. "I'm out of in-ring action for two weeks, including all live shows."

"That sucks," she said, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly. "Looks like I'm with Brie then for two weeks."

I huffed as I walked into the locker room. "Looks like I'm alone for a few days until Fergal comes back from Ireland." I began to change out of my ring gear into my leggings and hoodie. I took some makeup wipes out of my bag and wiped all the glam off, before throwing my hair up into a bun.

Nicole dropped me off home afterwards, in which I called Fergal straight away. He said he would book a flight home earlier so he could keep an eye on me, and that he would take a few days off work. I thanked him, and I couldn't help but wonder what I did to deserve such an amazing boyfriend.

That leads us to today, cuddling on the couch with Fergal as we started watching Orange is The New Black. It's been a few days since I've been sidelined, so my head was clearing up.

"You sure you don't want me to get you some more water?" Fergal asked for the millionth time.

I sighed. "I'm fine, sweetie. I just need to relax." I said, snuggling deeper into the crook of his arm.

"You sure you're head doesn't hurt?" He asked.

I nodded slightly, which hurt my head slightly, but I didn't say anything. We sat in silence, watching the first episode of the Netflix series.