thirty-two;

what a surprise

x
Smackdown Live

"Do you think they'll like me?" Ashley asked, fiddling with her robe as we stood backstage, waiting for the women's segment.

"What, the daughter of one of the greatest of all time? No, they'll despise you." I joked, grinning. She smiled slightly, but I could tell she was feeling the pressure.

I rubbed her arm comfortingly. "You'll be fine, Ash. Everyone loves you-I mean, they're not supposed to, but they do! Smackdown won't be any different."

Her smile widened as she had yet another sip of her water. I saw Shane, followed by the women's division walking into the gorilla, meaning that the segment would begin imminently.

I greeted the girls, and wished them luck for their segment. I watched as Shane walked out and introduced all of them one by one, until Ashley was the only one left to walk out.

"Knock 'em dead, girlfriend." I said one last time, giving her a quick hug before she prepared herself to walk out.

I stepped back slightly to watch from the monitor as Ashley walked out. The reaction she got was huge, and I couldn't help but feel happy for her.

"What are you doin' here?" A voice behind me said, making me jump. I turned around to find TJ, once again, grabbing a water bottle and taking small sips from it.

"I'm, uh, here for Ashley, remember?" I said, turning back to face the monitor. "I'm travelling with her back home."

"Nice," he said. He walked next to me. "You live in Orlando, right?"

I nodded, my eyes glued to the screen as to not make eye contact with him. It's not like I haven't spoken to him at all since the cruiserweight division was introduced; I have, and he is sweet and all, but I know where he's going with this, and he really isn't my type.

We stayed in silence, both of us watching the monitor as the promo continued. It eventually came to a commercial break, forcing me to face him.

"The real reason why I came over was to apologise for the cruiserweights yesterday," TJ said, smiling apologetically. "they were acting like dickheads, and I told them that after you left."

I smiled. "Thanks, but it wasn't a problem, honestly. Boys will be boys I guess." I chuckled.

He smiled. "Do you wanna stay after Smackdown for a bit to watch 205 Live? I'm the first match against Tozawa, so you can leave straight after."

I frowned slightly as I studied his expression. He was smiling, but something tells me he has a trick or two up his sleeve, making my mind tell me not to stay.

"I mean, it all depends on what Ashley wants to do," I simply replied, shrugging my shoulders. "but I'm sure she won't mind."

I mentally facepalmed after I said that. Why do I not think before opening my mouth?

TJ's face lit up like a Christmas tree, and his mood seemed to have sky-rocketed.

"Awesome," he said, grinning like a cat who's just got the cream. "If I don't see you after, then just consider the match as an another apology for yesterday."