thirty-eight;

we're as bad as each other

x
WWE Performance Centre

I climbed in through the middle rope, pacing around the ring as I decided what to work on today. I needed to prepare myself for my title defence at Great Balls of Fire, so I thought training today would be an appropriate thing to do.

I started off with basic drills, like hitting the ropes and doing back bumps. After a while I lost interest, seeing as I wasn't able to properly wrestle without someone here.

I looked around at the other available rings. Two were in use by NXT and recently signed athletes, all training with Matt or Sara. I didn't want to disturb them and ask for help, but I wasn't sure what else I could do.

I waited for a while, practicing my rolls whilst every minute check the door to wait for someone to come in. Eventually I gave up, and I rolled out the ring to grab my things.

Just as I grabbed my gym bag, I heard the sound of the door opening. I looked up to see Fergal, headphones in ears as he placed his bag in an available locker.

I quickly placed my bag back down and took my water bottle out. I rolled back into the ring and continued running the ropes, stopping every so often to do a back bump or front bump.

"Your back bump looks weak," I heard a familiar accent say. "you need to attack the mat more. Adds more depth to the move."

I stood up and looked over to see Fergal standing ringside, arms leaning against the apron.

I scoffed. "Ok, expert. Wrestle me then and I'll show you I can 'attack the mat'."

"You see, I kind of am an expert," he said, climbing into the ring. "I wrestled in Japan for many years, and I excelled in that and then I-"

"You're avoiding my question," I grin, crossing my arms. "You gonna wrestle me or what? I'll show you how good of a wrestler I am."

He paused for a second. "I don't want to."

"Why? Scared you're gonna get beaten up by a girl?" I said, playfully shoving past him to have a drink.

"Well yeah, especially because it's you," he grinned, taking his shirt off. "you'll probably beat me up."

"Damn straight." I said, taking a few sips of my water and placing it back in my bag. When I looked up, I couldn't help my eyes as they immediately landed on his abs. They looked more toned than ever, and his slight tan made them look even better.

He chuckled. "Don't get distracted there, lass. Then I can get you like this."

He quickly lunges forward and locked up with me in the corner. I struggled, but reversed and pushed him into the corner. He pushed me back gently, his mischievous grin growing my the second.

"You're getting it now, Devitt." I said, locking up with him again and putting him in a side headlock. I took him down, tightening the lock even more. He reversed it into a pin, and I could hear his free hand hit the mat twice before I kicked out.

We both stood up, and I quickly went for the roll-up. As my hand went to hit the mat twice, he reversed into my arm-bar.